Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Attached images are uploaded but not displayed

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #11 by sozzled

Focus123 wrote: If used the BBcode above works.

That's all that I would have done, too! So, the fact that you can post one image on your site means that the statement "posts containing images are not shown" is incorrect.

So, can we try again to understand what is the problem? It seems to me that the problem is that you may have attached an image to a message you posted 12 months ago and that this attachment seems to have disappeared. It's possible that someone or something has deleted the attachment (you need to look at the folder ../media/kunena/attachments/63 to see if there is a file called biciclete.JPG).

I asked you nearly three days ago:
sozzled wrote:

(3) You can upload images to your website?

and you replied Yes.

Maybe I should have broken this question down into
(a) You can upload images to your website, because you can view them on the backend with the "Uploaded Image Browser"?
(b) You cannot view uploaded images on the frontend?

Now, I'll ask you again to check the file permissions and the folder permissions of the folder ../media and all the sub-folders of this (especially ../media/kunena/attachments/63 and all the files in that folder) and compare what you are using to the recommended settings in Securing Kunena .

You don't have to use our recommendations if you don't want to. For example, you don't have to follow the recommendations in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Our recommendations are based on the recommendations of the Joomla project. But, if you don't follow those recommendations then things may not always work as you expect them to.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago #12 by Focus123
I have checked the file permissions and they are ok. I have checked the file presence also. I have modified the SEO settings to match the recommended ones.

Please note that for posts containing the attachment - neither the text is showed.
Attachments:
More
12 years 4 months ago #13 by sozzled
Very good. You've checked the permissions for that one file. What about the permissions of the folder it's contained in? And the folder above that one? And the folder above that all the way back to the root?
More
12 years 4 months ago #14 by Focus123
:) They are all according to the recommended ones.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #15 by sozzled

Focus123 wrote: If I have no positive result I will write back with a test account details.

What happened to that idea?

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 4 months ago #16 by Focus123
I have created a "test" website on my PC (Windows XP using WAMP and Akeeba) and replicate the entire website. The strange thing is that the Kunena attachment problems are not present on my PC ... I am really confused here. I will check next week with the web provider if they performed any changes on my web account, though I doubt it.
More
12 years 4 months ago #17 by sozzled
As we have been trying to say, for a long time, there look to be permission issues on your hosted site. These may be because of the version of PHP that you're using, or the way that the folders/files are owned, or the permissions on the folders/files themselves. Did you try disabling MIME check in Kunena settings?
More
12 years 4 months ago #18 by Focus123
Yes - I did try to disable the MIME check in Kunena (though I felt that was just a check for uploads - not for showing the actual picture). I am having the feeling that some software modules need to be reset on my web services provider. Is there any positive experience on this?
More
12 years 4 months ago #19 by sozzled
Two "positive experiences" come to mind.

(1) Here, at www.kunena.org (there aren't those kinds of problems here); and
(2) Your WAMP experience.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #20 by Focus123
Please do clarify as I am talking about positive experiences with restarting specific software modules.[e.g. apache/mysql services]
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Focus123.
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds