Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Attached images are uploaded but not displayed

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by Focus123
Hello,

The posts that are containing images are not showed at all (not even if text inside), tough if trying to reply a specific post you can see the attachments there. I just migrated to Kunena 1.7 hoping it may solve this issue. the forum worked great for almost 1 year.

Configuration settings:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : dumbravita_alpha | author: TeamBusiness | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-02-18

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Focus123.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Focus123, and welcome to Kunena (even if you have been using it for the last 12 months).

I'm guessing that you recently migrated from K 1.5.x. I'm sorry to hear that you are now having problems. Sometimes (but not very often) images attached to messages in K 1.5 do not migrate well and we've had a few reports that these attached images have disappeared.

What is important now is to see if you can now upload and attach an image in K 1.7.1.

I would ask you to check the following advices: It may also be useful to enable Kunena debug mode to see if there is anything else that needs attention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Focus123
More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by Focus123
I have migrated from 1.6.1 if I do remember correctly. I have used K 1.6 for almost a year and one month ago I noticed that the posts that are containing images are not showed (as they appear to be empty). So I guess it is not a migration problem. I did try after migration to upload an image and it is the same story. I did read the upgrade/file permissions guides before the upgrade. For SEO "Use Apache mod_rewrite: " is set to "no" as it always was. So this should not have an impact as well.

The images appear in "Uploaded Image Browser" and also are visible if I try to reply a post that does contain images. The debug is set to Yes.
More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by Focus123
Any ideas would be appreciated!
More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
Let me clarify again the situation.

(1) Your .htaccess file is only a rename of htaccess.txt that was created with your Joomla installation and you have not changed this file?
(2) You are not using the values we have recommended for Joomla SEO, in particular, you are not using Apache mod_rewrite?
(3) You can upload images to your website?
(4) You cannot see uploaded images?
(5) You cannot see images that have the standard file extensions .jpg, .png or .gif?

Have I summarised the situation correctly? Please answer each question yes or no.
More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by Focus123
1. A third party istalled Joomla for me, so I do not know the status of htaccess. (I will check this)
2. I do follow the recomandations except the mod_rewrite.
3. Yes
4. Only on Kunena posts. If I hit the reply I can see in the topic history the images.
5. All images do have standard extensions.

P.S. For the first 2 points. I run the same configuration as few month ago when Kunena was showing the images. Should I create a test Kunena user so you may check this behavior (if the case)?
More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
There are several things you can try. You can try setting the Forum configuration settings to their default values. You could try using the standard approach to Joomla SEO. You could try reinstalling K 1.7.1 again. You could try creating a test account and posting the details here so that we can try to see what's happening. You could check the Joomla Global Configuration settings to see if the MIME types of the images are allowed.

I cannot see what is contained in msg #1 of that topic www.dumbravitatimis.ro/index.php/forum/1...i/3-magazin-kaufland and so I don't know anything more. Is this the only topic that you cannot link images? What is the name of the image that you're trying to link? We need to understand more about what images you're trying to use and that might help us understand the problems that you're having.
More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by Focus123
Thank you for your answer. I will check the points in the first paragraph. If I have no positive result I will write back with a test account details.
More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
Please don't limit your investigation to only the questions I asked in the first paragraph of my previous reply to you. The second paragraph is actually more important.

In the example you gave, when you started this topic, you wrote that images don't appear in msg #1 of www.dumbravitatimis.ro/index.php/forum/1...i/3-magazin-kaufland

I do not know what is in that message (it looks empty to me). Is there anything there? Is this the only place where you have not been able to see an image? Have you tried to display other images? For example, create a topic on your site and try to use the following BBcode:
Code:
[img]http://www.kunena.org/images/kunena.png[/img]
Let us know if this works.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #10 by Focus123
Hello,

If used the BBcode above works. I have created a test topic www.dumbravitatimis.ro/index.php/forum/1...siteu/275-forum-test and sent you an account details. There are 2 posts in this topic. The first one with the indicated BBcode and the second one with an image attached ([ attachment=26]biciclete.JPG[/attachment]). The content of the second one is not visible (but only when the reply (or edit) button is hit against this topic).
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Focus123.
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds