Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Attached images are uploaded but not displayed

More
12 years 4 months ago #21 by sozzled
Kind of a generic "how do I build a website question" which is a little off-topic here. If you could be more specific, maybe create a different topic in our "off-topic" category, maybe someone might have some answers. Speaking only for myself, I just shopped around until I found a reliable webhosting provider.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago #22 by Focus123
Well then - thank you for your help. It seems that after all it is not a Kunena issue. I will look to clarify this with the current/next host for my website.

I really did appreciated your support.
More
12 years 4 months ago #23 by hannes01
Focus123, have you found solution to your problem? I read the whole thread and it seems that I have exactly the same issue.

I'm really not an expert on this, but my service provider updated PHPMyAdmin version about 1,5 month ago. Around that time I started to have this image displaying problem. Maybe its connected somehow? Have your host updated PHPMyAdmin version recently as well?

Everything about fishing & tackle: forum, local and international shop
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #24 by sozzled
hannes01: phpMyAdmin itself is not used by Kunena (or by Joomla). phpMyAdmin is a tool that allows you access to your database tables. However phpMyAdmin depends on what version of PHP is being used as well as, to some extent, what version of database software is being used.

I think it's a coincidence that phpMyAdmin might have been updated within the last couple of months but I would certainly be suspicious if PHP or MySQL (for example) have also been changed.

Whatever the recent changes by your webhosting provider, you should do as Focus123 did and verify whether your site works on a different platform; in his case he tried things out using WAMP. If your site works on one environment but not on the other then that pretty much points the finger at the cause of the problem.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hannes01
More
12 years 3 months ago #25 by new_friend
help!!

Have the same problem like hannes01 and Focus123 after moving to the new server.

Locally on XAMPP, and on the old host, everything is ok.

short links for IMG and URL works but something longer and the post become blank (the text is still there - in the topic).

I think this MUST be something in php configuration on forum. Any one can help ?

maybe PHP Disabled Functions? : exec, shell_exec, pass_thru, mail
can it be something in here ? :(
More
12 years 3 months ago #26 by hannes01
Hi,

I have some info that could help. According to my host, they updated PHP version one month ago. The new version is 5.2.17.

It was also about one month ago when my problems started.

I haven't had time to try my page on XAMPP and to update to Kunena 1.7, but I'm starting to suspect that PHP update is causing this.

Can you guys ask your host about the update as well?

Hannes

PS. By the way, I also found out that older post containing attachments are also not showing them anymore.

More
12 years 3 months ago #27 by sozzled

hannes01 wrote: According to my host, they updated PHP version one month ago. The new version is 5.2.17.

It was also about one month ago when my problems started.

There's the answer! The current stable release of PHP5 is 5.3.8. Tell your hosting company that they're behind the times. If they don't fix the problem, move to a different hosting company.

FYI, the version of PHP used on this website is 5.2.14. Maybe there's something fishy with PHP 5.2.17? It's entirely possible. Your problem could also be caused by file permissions. Ask your webhost provider: who owns the files in my site? They should be owned by Apache:Apache. See also Securing Kunena .
More
12 years 3 months ago #28 by new_friend
My host PHP Version is 5.2.17 :pinch:
More
12 years 3 months ago #29 by sozzled
My own webhosting provided uses PHP 5.2.17 and I don't have any problems with it. Therefore, I don't think the problem lies with that particular version of PHP (but it may involve how PHP has been configured). These are questions that you can ask your webhosting provider.

My advice is to ascertain the answer to the question "Who/what owns my Joomla site files?" Your files should be owned by Apache:Apache (as I wrote in my previous reply).
More
12 years 3 months ago #30 by hannes01
Thanks Sozzled. I'm still trying to fix this...

sozzled wrote: My advice is to ascertain the answer to the question "Who/what owns my Joomla site files?" Your files should be owned by Apache:Apache (as I wrote in my previous reply).

Based on your recommendation, my host changed this, but unfortunately the problem remained.

2. They moved my site to another server that has PHP 5.3 - it also didn't fix the issue (btw, after that they moved it back to the old server, because some Joomla components gave error messages on the new server)

3. I finally had time to try it with XAMPP, everything was fine there...

4. Another strange thing: I made some additional testing today and there was a certain attachment (jpg. file) that suddenly worked fine. Then I created a new post and added two new attachments (random jpg files) and still had the problem...

Any ideas what should I try next?

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds