Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 1 month ago #901 by Josh07
I am making progress...I have discovered the problem...now I just have to find the solution. The problem is in the template. I loaded kunena on the test site and switched the template and it worked so now I just have to figure out what in the template code is the problem and needs to be fixed. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 1 month ago #902 by Josh07
I have located the problem! In my template I have the jquery js load which is causing the problem. If I remove that from my template everything works great, I am just trying to figure out if taking out jquery will hurt any other features...thoughts?
More
13 years 1 month ago #903 by sozzled

Josh07 wrote: I have located the problem! In my template I have the jquery js load which is causing the problem. If I remove that from my template everything works great, I am just trying to figure out if taking out jquery will hurt any other features...thoughts?

Well ... this is the Kunena forum. Our primary concern is to make sure that you can use Kunena. ;)
More
13 years 1 month ago #904 by Josh07
Thanks so I have determined that my site needs jquery to run and I would still like to add Kunena...if I downgrade to 1.5 could that allow me to use Kunena on my site, or is it just not possible to have Kunena on a jquery site?
More
13 years 1 month ago #905 by sozzled

Josh07 wrote: Thanks so I have determined that my site needs jquery to run and I would still like to add Kunena...if I downgrade to 1.5 could that allow me to use Kunena on my site, or is it just not possible to have Kunena on a jquery site?

I think the following articles may help things in proper perspective: Your template is causing the problem. Change the template or change the forum software. Which is more important to you? A ring-ding-a-ding look or software that has a future?
More
13 years 1 month ago #906 by share24

newkitty wrote: OK,when I disabled System - K2,kunena went OK.It seems someone also got the same problem,but ends up with no solution.
Anyway,merry christmas everyone!

This was it for me too....thanks so much.
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #907 by FishBone

sozzled wrote: How long is this lag? One second or two seconds? How does your site compare to this website? :unsure: Poor site performance could be due to many reasons. If you would like a second opinion on what you're experiencing, would you like to provide us with a test account on your website? You can do that by PM.

Lag is like up to 5 sec and on mobilphone it craches. I do have a fresh install of joomla and kunena on same server and that works just fine.
There is no problem with my server. Have serveral sites on it and all works fine

Have sent u a PM with address and login

//Thanks, Kribba
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by FishBone.
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #908 by sozzled
I looked at your website. I loaded about 20 pages from your forum. Indeed, the load times seemed a little long (2-4 seconds) but the page build times were very fast. In other words, Kunena was building the forum pages in 0.27 seconds or better!

The problem, in this case, is not Kunena but lies in your website - in whatever other "work" your server must do before the page is sent to the user and rendered on their browser. Reduce the amount of other material on your Kunena pages - keep them to a minimum. Your users are on the forum pages to interact with the forum and, in my opinion, that should be your number one priority.

Your forum page, for example, loads 13 Javascript libraries.

On further examination, I found that your site exhibits the classic symptoms of a Javascript library conflict! This is explained in detail in the article Mootools 1.2.4 . Two of the classic symptoms are (a) excessively long page wait times and (b) the BBcode toolbar is missing. Your site has both of these symptoms when you try to post a message to the forum.

I have moved your messages from where you originally posted them and have merged them into this bigger discussion. I think you will find the answers that you are looking for in here. Your problems have nothing to do with "migrating from Agora".
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FishBone
More
13 years 1 month ago #909 by FishBone
Thanks for looking at it. However I have no clue what you just said tho :)
More
13 years 1 month ago #910 by sozzled
I'll make it simple for you, fishbone. Your site is no good for Kunena until you change it. This topic will show you what you need to do to change things.
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds