Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question system cache plugin + Kunena

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by prophoto
Does anyone use the system cache plugin with Kunena? My forum is getting a lot of hits and users have mentioned the site is slow sometimes. The hosting is on a dedicated server - not shared hosting so resources are not an issue. Does it cause any problems? Other concerns? Does it help at all for either logged in users or guests?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by prophoto
Bump.

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by sozzled
FYI The System - Cache plugin is not enabled here at Kunena.org.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by prophoto
Can you help with my other questions?

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
I'm sorry. What other questions are these? I've mentioned the information for what it's worth. You asked if other users have had issues with the System - Cache plugin. The plugin is normally disabled by default in J! 1.5.x I haven't encountered these issues. I do not normally change Joomla default settings.

The only thing I can tell you, as far as this particular issue is concerned, is that this website www.kunena.org does not have the System - Cache plugin enabled. Do you encounter any difficulties when you use this website www.kunena.org :dry:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by prophoto
My apologies, I should have asked more questions. Is Kunena designed to work with the Page Cache Plugin? Does it cause any problems? Does it help at all for either logged in users or guests? What other items impact the speed of Kunena?

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
I only know two things:

(1) I am assuming that the "Page Cache" plugin that you are referring to is the Joomla System - Cache plugin. The System - Cache plugin is disabled in Joomla by default. I don't know what the Joomla System - Cache plugin does.

(2) Kunena has been tested by ordinary people under a variety of conditions for use with Joomla. I have not seen reports of problems in ways that you have enquired about.

You can find out more about the System - Cache plugin by visiting the Joomla website and asking questions at forum.joomla.org

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by prophoto
Could you forward this message to the Devs? I'd really like a bit of clarification. There has to be somebody who knows how it works in relation to Kunena!! Thank you.

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
The only clarification I can provide you, at the present time, is that the System - Cache plugin - I assume this is the plugin you are referring to (you haven't said that it is) - is

(1) not enabled by default in Joomla;
(2) not enabled at www.kunena.org ;
(3) not enabled in any website that I am familiar with;
(4) according to the book Using Joomla by Ron Severdia and Kenneth Crowder, published by O'Reilly Media (2009), "this plugin facilitates the functionality involved in the caching feature within Joomla";
(5) there is a lot of information about the System - Cache plugin at the Joomla website, for example forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=432&t=319565
(6) as far as we are aware, the System - Cache plugin has no other detrimental effect on Kunena than on any other Joomla extension.

If people are aware of specific issues involving the System - Cache plugin and Kunena we would be most interested to hear about them.

More
13 years 3 months ago #10 by prophoto
Yes, system cache plugin (see initial post and title). There are actually a few caching methods in Joomla, system cache plugin (for page caching) is one that everybody forgets about and they only rely on the view cache turned on in the global config.

I am testing and will report findings.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds