Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved MySQL server has gone away

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by Shimei
I'm receiving the following errors after making a post on occasion. The errors were not known to exists until using a memcache. This has occurred maybe once in 50-60 posts. I dunno if it is coincidence that the errors first were noticed after memcache or if this is from something else:
Code:
jos-Warning: Error loading module MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM j25_modules AS m LEFT JOIN j25_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN j25_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2013-09-25 08:02:17') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2013-09-25 08:02:17') AND m.access IN (1,1,2,3) AND m.client_id = 0 AND (mm.menuid = 0 OR mm.menuid <= 0) ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering JSite -> dispatch() @ /home/religio9/public_html/index.php:42 JComponentHelper :: renderComponent() @ /home/religio9/public_html/includes/application.php:197 JError :: raiseError() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:304 JError :: raise() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251 JError :: throwError() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:176 call_user_func_array() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:214 JError :: handleCallback() call_user_func() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:765 plgSystemRedirect :: handleError() JError :: customErrorPage() @ /home/religio9/public_html/plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php:104 JDocumentError -> render() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:798 JDocumentError -> _loadTemplate() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php:107 require_once() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php:135 Gantry -> countModules() @ /home/religio9/public_html/templates/rt_cerulean/error.php:44 Gantry -> getJoomlaModuleCount() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantry.class.php:757 JDocumentHTML -> countModules() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantry.class.php:804 JModuleHelper :: getModules() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:464 JModuleHelper :: _load() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php:86 JError :: raiseWarning() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php:346 JError :: raise() @ /home/religio9/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:276

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_cerulean | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.0.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 3.0.1 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by Shimei
Replied by Shimei on topic MySQL server has gone away
I just received feedback from my web host. Tech support says no errors are reported in memcache, they then proceeded to open pages but not create them. They had suggested waiting for Kunena team's suggestions.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic MySQL server has gone away
According to the error traceback that you included in your original post, there is no reference here to Kunena. In fact, the error indicates that there is a problem loading your Joomla menu.

Typically, "MySQL server has gone away" messages indicate that there is a problem with your hosting platform. Looking back at other topics that relate to this situation, we also see that Kunena is not responsible for these kinds of problems:
You may find that moving to a different webhosting platform will resolve these kinds of problems.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #4 by Shimei
Hello Sozzled,

I wanted to update this post with the response back from Siteground. I was just curious as to whether Kunena has too run into this problem regarding its database size or rather optimization? My website has around 5000 pages published, Google is showing over 16,000 pages. But nevertheless this response was given to me, and I was just wondering if I did nothing - will this only become worse? Lastly, I take it that if I need this to be optimized I am best suited to seek expert help or rather paid for service, do you have any recommendation? Are your services available for hire or that of the Kunena team?

Hello W.,

The issue seems to be caused by the fact that your database is too heavy. That means that it is too large and not well optimized, hence the queries executed to it need too much time and exceed the MySQL timeout. This way the scripts processing it need more time than the allowed and cannot complete successfully their execution. The result is the "mysql gone away" message.

The reported error message might be caused by a few reasons. Please refer to the following knowledge base article which explains how to deal with this issue:

kb.siteground.com/article/I_get_MySQL_se..._my_application.html

However, since you are hosted on a VPS, I raised the MySQL timeout settings significantly and the problem should be resolved.

What we can advise you is to try to reduce your database in size and optimize it. You can reduce it be deleting some old records/articles from your website. For the optimization we can suggest you to use the following hints:

kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_optimize_a_MySQL_database.html

kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_optimiz...sing_phpMyAdmin.html

www.developer.com/db/article.php/3667831...r-MySQL-Database.htm

Please be informed that the website/database optimization is a complex on-going activity which is best when performed by a professional developer.

If there is anything else that we can help you with, please create a new ticket anytime!

Best Regards,

Technical Support Team

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Shimei.

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
There is nothing that I can do for you. You could try using information I pointed you towards in my earlier reply but it is my guess that you need to pursue this matter with Siteground. If you are unhappy with the service from your webhost, my advice is to find an alternative webhost.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by Shimei
I passed on the information in those pertaining links, and that resulted in them raising the MySQL timeout settings significantly, so for that, I appreciate your helpful response Sozzled.

On a side note, I am totally happy with Siteground, and hate for someone to take this post as a negative reflection of their services, especially their customer service, I only asked the question regarding inflated unoptimized databases to see if others had run into this problem and therefore could verify resolving the issue.

So far so good, regarding increasing the MySql timings - haven't noticed the error.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
I am pleased that we were able to help .

The key point that everyone who may encounter the situation where they get "MySQL server has gone away" is that this has absolutely nothing to do with Kunena.

The problem is a webhosting issue. Talking over the issue with your wehost provider will usually resolve this problem.

I have marked this as solved.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.717 seconds