Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.7.1 (admin site): Error loading module MySQL server has gone away

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by Beccam
(( I'm sorry, I thought I posted this under "Support" and just realized I posted under "Common Questions" - I don't want to create a duplicate thread, can I move this somehow? ))

Hi! Everything still appears to be working fine in both the front end, and the back-end. However while in the back-end today I received three errors, I clicked off the page to a different section of Kunena and the errors went away, but I wanted to check and make sure this won't eventually result in any issues.

First Error: "Upgrading Kunena to version 1.7.1 has failed!"
Which is a little weird because I wasn't attempting to upgrade anything and I have the latest version installed.

That was followed by:
Your forum may be missing some important fixes and some features may be broken.
Please try to upgrade again. If you cannot upgrade to Kunena 1.7.1, you can easily downgrade to the latest working version.
Our support forum can be found from: www.kunena.org

Then I underneath those I received:

Error loading module MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid FROM mqhxa_modules AS m LEFT JOIN mqhxa_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id LEFT JOIN mqhxa_extensions AS e ON e.element = m.module AND e.client_id = m.client_id WHERE m.published = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2011-12-31 20:37:47') AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2011-12-31 20:37:47') AND m.access IN (1,1,2,3) AND m.client_id = 1 AND (mm.menuid = 0 OR mm.menuid <= 0) ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering

So, yea. Errors are are gone now. Kinda weird.

This is my "report configuration settings" in case that sheds some light on the situation

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : yoo_streamline | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: December 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.4.1 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Beccam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
I don't really have any suggestions to add to this topic. It may have been a transient thing; there may be another matter lurking in the background that could cause problems down the track. Make sure you have a good backup of your site.

Might be worth re-installing K 1.7.1 again (you won't lose any data) - see K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide

The interesting question is which "module" was your administration site attempting to load at the time? I don't know anything about mqhxa_modules. Does this help: >>> here <<<

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by Matias
"MySQL server has gone away" is the keyword in this issue.

That happens when Joomla installer uses a lot of time to copy the files -- and MySQL is set to timeout before files get copied.

There are two ways to prevent it:
1) Disabling FTP mode from Joomla usually makes copying files much faster
2) Increasing MySQL timeout from MySQL configuration file (usually in /etc/my.ini or /etc/mysql/my.ini)

Please use Google on the key words.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by Beccam

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds