Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to implement Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - in Joomla

More
12 years 3 months ago #41 by sozzled
You can't change the location where Kunena is installed. The changes you need to make are discussed in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) . If you set up Joomla SEO properly, if you use the standard Kunena menu (see How do I restore my Kunena menu? , then everything will work for you as you want it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #42 by ivmoriginal
Hi i may be incredibly stupid, but how can i shorten the URL from:

www.imaginecraft.net/index.php/forum/

to

www.imaginecraft.net/forum/

I've been looking around what seems like forever, i want the URL to be permanently like that, not just a redirect. It just looks cleaner. Please help with this. Everyone else seems to have it apart from me lol.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ivmoriginal.

More
12 years 2 months ago #43 by GoremanX
Hello,

What you want should be the default if you turn on both the Joomla Search Engine Friendly URLs and the Kunena Search Engine Friendly URLs. This is assuming you're not using any 3rd party SEO extensions. Also, your menu items need to be organized properly for this to work. Ideally, your Kunena Configuration Report would give us a better idea of what might be misconfigured on your site. See the instructions at the top of this page for more information.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
12 years 1 month ago #44 by gyounger1
Replied by gyounger1 on topic installing in /forum/
hi

im new here so apologies if this has been mentioned before.

I have installed Joomla 2.5.3 and Kunena 1.7.2

i have instlaled it in

/forum/index.php/forum

but can someone help me to change it so it says

/forum/

and also how to display the forum on the front page of the joomla site so when a visitors visits my site ie domain.co.uk they see the forum first

many thanks

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #45 by sozzled
G'day, gyounger1, and welcome to Kunena.

The answer to your first question is to read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki and implement accordingly.

The answer to your second question is to make the forum menu item in your main menu the default one; see How to make Kunena menu item the "default" one?
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #46 by krebsinfo
When the URL ist part of joomla the error site 404.html is working when the URL is not compleat or wrong, when the URL beginns with an KUNEA link and ends wrong... " www.stoma-ok.at/index.php/forum-2/ind (...last part is missing), this 404.html is not called. Then i only get the Error-message from the appache-server "404 - Kunena function "ind" not found"
How can i fix this problem?
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by krebsinfo.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #47 by sozzled
krebsinfo: I suggest that you read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki and implement accordingly.

More
12 years 2 days ago #48 by contender
Replied by contender on topic mod_rewrite?
running Joomla 2.5 and want to install K 1.7.2

In the install guide, one of the requirements is to implement Joomla SEO.
docs.kunena.org/index.php/Search_engine_optimization_%28SEO%29

On step 2, it saids I have to select Yes of Use Apache mod_rewrite.

On my backend, I don't see a "Use Apache mod_rewrite". Instead, I see a "Use URL Rewriting", which also requires htaccess.txt to be renamed to .htaccess.

Is "Use Apache mod_rewrite" and "Use URL Rewriting" the same thing when it comes to Joomla 2.5?

Thank you

More
12 years 2 days ago - 12 years 2 days ago #49 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic mod_rewrite?
Thank you for your question.

Although it is not a requirement for Kunena that you must implement Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) , it is highly recommended that, if you want your Joomla site to run smoothly (and take advantage of SEF URLs) that you should implement Joomla SEO in the way we've advised.

The information in the Wiki article was based on J! 1.5 and J! 1.6 It would be a good idea if someone - probably me, I suppose - updated the information for J! 2.5.

In J! 2.5 the Global Configuration options are as shown below:

Thanks for drawing this to my attention. It looks like the guys from Joomla changed the label Use Apache mod_rewrite to Use URL Rewriting. Makes more sense that they did this too; less confusing ... or is it? :whistle:

EDIT: I have updated the Wiki article Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) ! :cheer:
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: contender

More
12 years 1 day ago #50 by contender
Replied by contender on topic forum menu alias
Just installed Kunena and I noticed the forum menu item alias is: 2012-04-25-14-24-24
which is completely different from the naming scheme the other menu items joomla has automatically created for me.

When making it blank, apparently joomla is supposed to make it SEF, and it still comes back with the same thing. Is this crazy alias more SEF than if I just named it "forum" instead?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds