Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to implement Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - in Joomla

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #51 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic forum menu alias
You can change your menu item alias names to anything you like as long as you have not already used that alias name elsewhere. If you use alias menu items - which is a different thing to the menu alias name (confusing, isn't it?) - you can use the same menu alias name in menu items if the menu item type = alias menu.

One of the most difficult parts of Joomla is the Joomla menu system. We recommend that you read Customised menus in the Wiki.

However the problem that you're having does not really have a lot to do with the menu alias name. The problem that you're having has to do with how you setup Joomla Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) . For that reason, I have merged your topic with one that addresses those issues. Please read the article in the Wiki and setup SEO in the way that we've recommended and you will not have those horrible looking SEF URLs. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #52 by contender
Replied by contender on topic forum menu alias
I have implemented all the recommended configurations within the SEO guide before my installation of Kunena.
From that, I resulted in getting a menu item alias of: 2012-04-25-14-24-24

My question is whether I should retain this or should I just change it to "forum" for better SEF or does it even matter?

More
11 years 11 months ago #53 by Mortti
"forum" alias should come from xx-XX.com_kunena.install.ini file... no matters of that "2012-04-25-14-24-24"
Code:
; Kunena menu items COM_KUNENA_MENU_FORUM="Forum" COM_KUNENA_MENU_HELP="Help" COM_KUNENA_MENU_RECENT="Recent Topics" COM_KUNENA_MENU_INDEX="Index" COM_KUNENA_MENU_MYLATEST="My Topics" COM_KUNENA_MENU_NEWTOPIC="New Topic" COM_KUNENA_MENU_NOREPLIES="No Replies" COM_KUNENA_MENU_PROFILE="Profile" COM_KUNENA_MENU_RULES="Rules" COM_KUNENA_MENU_SEARCH="Search" ; Menu aliases (all lowercase, only a-z, 0-9) COM_KUNENA_MENU_FORUM_ALIAS="forum" COM_KUNENA_MENU_HELP_ALIAS="help" COM_KUNENA_MENU_RECENT_ALIAS="recent" COM_KUNENA_MENU_INDEX_ALIAS="index" COM_KUNENA_MENU_MYLATEST_ALIAS="mylatest" COM_KUNENA_MENU_NEWTOPIC_ALIAS="newtopic" COM_KUNENA_MENU_NOREPLIES_ALIAS="noreplies" COM_KUNENA_MENU_PROFILE_ALIAS="profile" COM_KUNENA_MENU_RULES_ALIAS="rules" COM_KUNENA_MENU_SEARCH_ALIAS="search"

More
11 years 11 months ago #54 by sozzled
contender: The question that you really need to ask yourself is a simple one: does the way you've got things set up work for you? If you had posted your K 1.7 configuration report a week ago, when you asked your question, I could have told you.

The best advice I can give is summed-up oral tradition given in the nursery rhyme Little Bo Peep : "leave them alone and they will come home wagging the tails behind them." If it works, leave it alone. If it doesn't then you need to change something.

I have a J! 2.5.4 website that has the kind of menu item alias like you've got - yyyy-mm-dd hh-mm-ss - and it works for me. I get perfectly-formed SEF URLs as a result and I can navigate around my Kunena forum without doing anything "special". I don't pretend to understand how the Joomla router handles these things but it seems to cope quite well.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #55 by thelastrich
Hello,

I was upgrading my joomla from 1.5 to 2.5 using JUpgrade.
Everything was fine, but i got a problem, the SEF url doesn't work with kunena.

It works with articles, categories... But not with kunena.
I have .httaccess activated and working
The first issue is in the link alias when I use kunena menu, it has a
/jupgrade/Read%20Private%20Message/forum.html
Instead of what should be
/jupgrade/forum.html
Whenever i reach that link (one or the other) i get a 404 not found.

Another thing is that when i reach some forum category (first going with SEF off, then activate it) like for example:
/jupgrade/Read%20Private%20Message/forum/2-welcome-mat.html

It recognices that URL like the article with id=2

It was all working fine until I upgraded to 2.5

Do you have any idea of what is happening??
Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by thelastrich.

More
11 years 11 months ago #56 by sozzled

More
11 years 11 months ago #57 by thelastrich
Hello!!

Thank you for your answer, but still that doesn't fix my problem.
As I said I had it working before, and I have it working now (in the joomla 1.5) but in the updated one (joomla 2.5) I cant make it work.
I renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess
I use the config that says there
Have the kunena menu published

If I create a new menu item, linked to kunena index, it works one click, then when im on the index if i click any category, or the same link again, it throws me a 404 again and the url contains the "read private message" before the "forum" string.

Using the default kunena menu it never works.

I dont understand why that "read private message" string on the URL.
Any ideas?

More
11 years 11 months ago #58 by thelastrich
SOLVED!!!

Thanks to this answer:
www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...omla?start=10#110182

As it says here:
docs.kunena.org/index.php/*_Commonly-ask...re_my_Kunena_menu.3F

in: How do I restore my Kunena menu?

I deleted the old menu, created a new one, and everything works fine.

Thank you!!

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #59 by vollach
Hi,

I am currently building my website, until a few days ago I used WampServer to build it localy, a few days ago I moved my website to a live server, ever since that move when SEO urls are active in the kunena settings I can't enter any of the categories in the forum, some shows the correct SEO URL but when clicked the URL at the address bar changes correctly but the index refreshes.

Other categories get a very long, very strange URL and when click gives me the following error:
Code:
Bad Request - Invalid URL HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.

The URL for the problematic forum is www.sr-computers.co.il/forum

The website and forum are in Hebrew.

I believe the installed version is 1.7.0 but am not quite sure.

if it helps, when I was using WampServer I was using apache server and now on the live server it is IIS7 on a microsoft windows 2008 server.

PHP version 5.x, not sure which exactly, mysql version 5.x as well.

That's all the information I can think of, please help with the issue.

Thank you.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : effectivesolutions | author: TG | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 03-02-2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIm 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by vollach.

More
11 years 9 months ago #60 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds