Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Preview does not work

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #11 by greg
I think the problem is I can not post more than one image in a thread. I started a thread and was able to post one image in the next post there was not the ability to post. I will try and post another image here.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by greg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cXc
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #12 by cXc
@greg

Give this thread a look and see if it solves your other problem ;)

www.kunena.com/forum/138-support/27167-i...to-kunena-155-proper

~cXc~
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by cXc.

• cXc
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #13 by cXc
Replied by cXc on topic Post Preview not working on my site ...
My thread got moved to solved due to thread-jacking :P but the issue was never resolved ...

Reference original thread at www.kunena.com/forum/139-solved-or-prior...-working-on-my-site-
Below are my post from the thread explaining the problem and circumstances.

Quote: First Post

Was told to start my own thread about this so ...

When I click on the preview button it shows the loading gif for a moment then the page goes white. I can leave the page open for hours but it never loads, just stays blank with the loading gif running in the tab bar.

Joomla! 1.5.14
Kunena 1.5.5

No Modules on page except for menu, RT Akiraka template using moomenu but that shouldn't matter it doesn't load when I use no navigation and load only the forum with no menu either.

The white pages html is ...

Code:
<html> <head> <style type="text/css"> 1.multiparts, #formnavigation{display:none;} </style> </head> </html>

Since it starts to load I'm assuming its somewhere in the JS but I'm not very good with JS, any help on this would be great its the only thing keeping me from switching over from Fireboard.

Thanks,
~cXc~

Quote: Second Post

Thanks for the info @quila I'll give it a try

I probably should have mentioned I don't have this problem with FB only with Kunena. The FB forum on my site has working preview button. There are no problems with bbCode at all and all work correctly it is only with the preview button.

Anyone know what changes have been made to the preview button since FB 1.0.5?

~cXc~

Quote: Third Post

Hello,

There is a fix for this here : www.kunena.com/forum/139-solved-or-prior...-working-in-155#2665

If it matters I tried that fix just in case the issue was related but it did the same thing with or without that fix.

I've tried disabling plugins one by one but the problem remains. I've also found another interesting thing regarding the preview, it works perfect in Internet explorer, this bug seems to only affect Firefox so now I really have no idea how to fix it and looking for more things to try ...

~cXc~

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #14 by birdy
Hello,
We are running Kunena 1.5.5, and we're pretty happy with it.

Only the preview is not working well. Whenever I hit the button the progress meter starts and after a second I get a blank page (no Source either). This only occurs in Firefox and Chrome, In Internet Explorer 8 it works fine. And it doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not.

Besides that, there is a small other thing; Whenever I try to edit post every single empty line has disappeared, and is replaced by a white-space just before the first word of every new paragraph? (and quite annoying when you're not having a preview to see what it's going to look like...)

How do I solve (any) of these two problems? are they related?
Groen-Geel forum

kind regards,
Birdy

And these plug-ins are not installed or activated by the way:
- yvbbcode
- rokbox plugin for rocket template
- com_clickheat
- woopera plugin

But this is:
Kunena 1.5.5
Joomla! 1.5.14 Stable
MySQL 4.1.21-standard-log
php 5.2.3
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by birdy.

More
14 years 6 months ago #15 by Matias
Have you tried if preview works with default_ex template?

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16 by birdy
Yep, I tried all combinations of template with iconsset. But that doesn't help...

I upgraded from Kunena 1.5.5 to 1.5.6., but still the same problem.

More
14 years 6 months ago #17 by Matias
Can you look at Apache error.log to see, if there is fatal error in that page?

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #18 by birdy
I would love to, but ehmm, where do I find the Apache error log?

I thought it had to be here: /home/groengeel/domains/groengeel.nl/public_html/logs/ but that directory is empty? :huh:

Extra not:
I tried a fresh install of Kunena 1.5.6 (deleted all files and the fb_tables), but when I upload the component I got an

-1- error message

saying there was an error uploading the file (also when I tried to install from URL). Besides this message Kunena did install and is working, except for the Preview and my other issue (all linebreaks disappear when I try to edit a post)

regards,
Birdy

More
14 years 6 months ago #19 by Matias
Location of logs depends on your system. Usually they are in the same place as the site, but if not, try /var/logs/apache2 or /var/logs/httpd

Odd.. I've got this message during installation, too, but not with Kunena.

About your other issues: preview is not huge issue (maybe you can just remove the button), but editing.. Hmmm. Is it browser specific issue?

More
14 years 6 months ago #20 by birdy
Ok, I solved one issue. I still had ReReplacer turned on and replacing smiley syntaxes like ; ) with smilies... no need for that in Kunena!

So, one down, one to go:

About the Apache-log, this place is empty:
/domains/groengeel.nl/public_html/logs. But I found this one:
/domains/groengeel.nl/logs with this log-file [file/]

it doesn't say 'fatal' anywhere, but is it bad?

thanx for your help,
Birdy

Time to create page: 0.613 seconds