Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Unable to change avatar in profile

More
3 years 8 months ago #11 by DeeEmm
OK. Some more digging...

I managed to monitor the call for a successful transfer (With Joomla SEO turned off). This is what I saw...

I then did the same with SEO turned on...

The actual error response here is a 400 which is Bad Request. This seems to point towards some kind of issue with the URL query data.

I went and double checked my server configuration and that is fine.The re-write directive is as per the Joomla recommendations. I've been using the same rule for a decade or more with no issues.

Code:
location / { try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args; }

It is a very curious problem.

/DM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #12 by rich
I'm not sure if it helps but it's worth a try. In your Kunena menu you have linked the menu item Kunena-home with himself (see image). Maybe therefore you have an url problem. Please repair this menu item. Choose as target the Index. docs.kunena.org/en/faq/kunena-menu

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by rich.

More
3 years 8 months ago #13 by DeeEmm
Thanks rich, unfortunately that does not make any difference.
Completely deleting all menus and then reinstating the Kunena menu from Kunena tools does exactly the same.
Here's an updated configuration report...
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.18 | creationdate: 2020-06-30

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.18 | 2020-06-30 [ Rhea ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
3 years 8 months ago #14 by DeeEmm
a little more info...

The text beneath the image that would normally show the file name in blue after a successful upload, shows nothing. However, whilst no text is displayed, the span tags that act as the texts placeholder are. What I've noticed is that these have the class "text-danger" indicating that the upload is failing, it is recognising that it is failing, however it looks as if there is possibly no response coded for a 400 error.
Code:
<span class="text-danger"></span>

If I was able to find out what is happening with the Ajax calls between the page and server it might give more of an idea, however Javascript / Ajax is not my strong point. I'm at the limit of my knowledge there.

To recap...

- Avatar upload works fine when Joomla SEO is disabled (This would indicate it is likely not a permissions / ownership / filesize / memsize etc issue)
- Avatar upload fails with 400 error message "bad request" (This would indicate that URL is correct but query data is not)
- Error message is displayed on page but is is empty

[strike]To me it seems like an issue with the javascript that uploads the image (jquery.fileupload-min.js ?) but cannot understand why this issue is not more prevalent, which then leads me to think that it could be server related[/strike]

Tested in Safari. Upload works.
Tested in Chrome. Upload does not work

Appears to be an issue with Chrome.

Smells like the good ole days of IE5

Have no idea why Chrome is not working. Something for the devs to take a look into I guess.

This post may be related...

stackoverflow.com/questions/16017081/get...-in-jquery-ajax-post

Not sure if anyone else is able to reproduce? on Apache? on Nginx?

/DM

More
3 years 8 months ago #15 by rich

Not sure if anyone else is able to reproduce? on Apache? on Nginx?

I'm sorry, but can't reproduce on Apache. I remember only on these users with this problem. www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/154646...-profile-since-k-5-1
You have tested this fix without success. Unfortunately I had forgotten to say that the change only is visible, if you use the Kunena debug mode.
There are two files: The upload.avatar.js and upload.avatar-min.js. In normal operation of the webpage the upload.avatar-min.js is accessed, therefore you need the change in both files.

Tested in Safari. Upload works.
Tested in Chrome. Upload does not work

Can you test it with other browsers too (such as Firefox)?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeeEmm

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #16 by DeeEmm
Thanks rich,

I went back and took another look at the solution offered in the linked post.

After some experimenting I found that using a relative path actually worked...

Code:
url: '../../../index.php?option=com_kunena&view=user&task=upload&format=json'

I know it's not the most elegant of solutions, but using an absolute path did not work.

Very bizarre.

[strike]I wonder if this mod translates well across browsers / server types?[/strike]

Just tested and the change fails for Safari. So I guess that some kind of browser detection is needed.

(What was it I was saying about IE5? :whistle: )

OK. Specifying the full URL appears to work on both Chrome and Safari...

Code:
url: 'https://myWebsiteDomain.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=user&task=upload&format=json'

That's obviously not going to port very well for other people with the same issue. So I replaced the domain with the relevant javascript...

Code:
url: window.location.protocol + '//' + window.location.host + '/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=user&task=upload&format=json'

This is working for me on both Chrome and Safari

Thanks for the help rich. Very much appreciated.

/DM
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by DeeEmm.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #17 by DeeEmm
Okay. Just installed Firefox to test. It's working there too.

I'll assume that Opera works too. (does anyone still use Opera? )

Would be good to get this change verified on Apache and rolled into the main repo so it doesn't get killed on each update.

Thanks once again for your help rich.

/DM
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by DeeEmm.

More
3 years 8 months ago #18 by xillibit
Hello,

Try by apllying this changes to see if it fix the issue : github.com/xillibit/Kunena-forum/commit/...cdcc3499a73219bf03c6

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 8 months ago #19 by DeeEmm
Hi Xilibit.

Yes I can confirm that this change is working on both Chrome and Safari.

Regards

/DM
The following user(s) said Thank You: xillibit

More
3 years 8 months ago #20 by xillibit
The fix is merged now in developpement version of Kunena 5.1.19, it will available too in nigthly build generated tonight : www.kunena.org/download

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds