Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Slow execution of open, search and reply after move to 5.1.12.1

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #11 by djb
I have just upgraded to 5.1.13.1 and verified that my problem of slow loading pages containing images persists.

For the page: www.angloboerwar.com/forum/2-introductio...-imperial-volunteers

5.1.12.1: Time to create page: 35.746 seconds
5.1.13.1: Time to create page: 35.724 seconds

Almost identical.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by djb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #12 by ssh
Please change this setting temporary, just to see the difference in load time:
Backend->Kunena Forum->Configuration->Frontend->Messages Per Page = 1

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #13 by djb
ssh,

That does make a difference to page loading time so a good interim fix. Thank you.

It reduces the load by approximately 50% for that page

Time to create page: 15.463 seconds
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by djb.

More
4 years 9 months ago #14 by djb
I was approached by a coder who wanted to charge me for 2 hours work to resolve the issue in 5.1.12.1 and 5.1.13.1.
If this person is confident they can resolve the error, does the Kunena team think it is that straightforward?

More
4 years 9 months ago #15 by ssh
Before paying to someone, I would recommend to point your nameservers to cloudflare, to discard any network / bandwith issue related to your current hosting provider.

Because as you may already know, most of users using kunena don't have this problem.

More
4 years 9 months ago #16 by djb
ssh,

I am convinced that the source of my problem lies in changes made in 5.1.12.1 because I have did not have this issued on any prior version of Kunena and there have been no other change to my site other than the update of Joomla.

Non-Kunena pages on my site that contain many more images than appear in the Kunena posts are performing as normal. For example this page: www.angloboerwar.com/photo-gallery/1989-medal-gallery

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #17 by djb
I have failed to make any progress in resolving this issue.

One aspect I note is with regard to caching. Caching is enabled in the Kunena settings with a 3 minutes duration. If I open a page including graphics, it can take 20 seconds to load. If I immediately refresh the page, it takes the same time to reload. When I look at the cached files in System | Clear cache, Kunena is listed but with zero files cached.

Should I expect the number of Kunena files in the cache to be greater than zero? If so, can you suggest why no files appear to be caching please?
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by djb.

More
4 years 8 months ago #18 by 810
try to turn off auto smart linking feature. its on the bbcode config tab.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds