Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Formatting issue on fresh install of K5b5

More
7 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled

jhebbel wrote: For giggles, tried k4, same issues with the icons folder missing or path broken, with some additional funkyness happening in the menu.

Unfortunately, this seems to happen (as far as Kunena's HMVC templates are concerned) with four out of five Joomla templates, sadly. The trick is to find a Joomla site template that co-operates nicely with Kunena. This also may explain why nine out of ten Kunena site owners are still using the older [Blue Eagle-based] templates.

As far as topic icons are concerned, there's a setting somewhere on the Crypsis template option (I think).

jhebbel wrote: Guess it may be time for me to re-design my template in bootstrap, though ive never really liked bootstrap much.

I've been tempted to go back to protostar; K 4.0 Crypsis seems to work pretty well with that one. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #12 by jhebbel
So with K4, I created a blank bootstrap template with all the basic joomla and bootstrap styles and js files, and it still has some very odd behavior inputmapper.com/index.php/component/kune...emplate=inputmapper2

At this rate i'm beginning to think k5 was more stable than k4.
Attachments:

More
7 years 10 months ago #13 by 810
you miss the icons css and I think responsive css.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #14 by jhebbel

810 wrote: you miss the icons css and I think responsive css.

Got the css files, but the icons are throwing 404 errors, the path seems to be broken as that folder does not exist on my server:

inputmapper.com/index.php/kunena/welcome...me-to-kunena/reply/1

Also, the quick reply button seems to do nothing.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by jhebbel.

More
7 years 10 months ago #15 by 810
I can see now you have multiple bootstrap css files.

I think by joomla template, and by setting kunena template.

Disable the kunena template setting

More
7 years 10 months ago #16 by 810
On your joomla template I see that you use Bootstrap 3. So you need to set CrypsisB3 as default. Then it will show you the correct styling.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #17 by jhebbel
I did that, the error with the icons seems to be in the kunena template css, specifically the following lines:
Code:
#kunena.layout .markItUp .boldbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/bold.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .italicbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/italic.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .underlinebutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/underline.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .strokebutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/stroke.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .supscriptbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/supscript.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .subscriptbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/subscript.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .sizebutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/fonts.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .colors a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/colors.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .bulletedlistbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/list-bullet.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .numericlistbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/list-numeric.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .listitembutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/list-item.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .alignleftbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/text_align_left.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .centerbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/text_align_center.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .alignrightbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/text_align_right.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .quotebutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/quotes.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .codemodalboxbutton a, #kunena.layout .markItUp .codesimplebutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/code.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .tablebutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/table.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .spoilerbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/spoiler.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .hiddentextbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/hidden.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .picturebutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/picture.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .linkbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/link.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .ebaybutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/ebay.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .videodropdownbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/film.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .mapbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/map.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .pollbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/poll.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .tweetbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/tweet.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .soundcloudbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/soundcloud.png); margin-left: -3px; margin-top: 3px; } #kunena.layout .markItUp .instagrambutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/instagram.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .hrbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/hr.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .emoticonsbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/emoticon.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .confidentialbutton a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/confidential.png); } #kunena.layout .markItUp .clean a { background-image: url(/media/kunena/../assets/images/clean.png); }

These paths are not valid.

Additionally the quick reply button still does not work.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by jhebbel.

More
7 years 10 months ago #18 by jhebbel

sozzled wrote:

jhebbel wrote: For giggles, tried k4, same issues with the icons folder missing or path broken, with some additional funkyness happening in the menu.

Unfortunately, this seems to happen (as far as Kunena's HMVC templates are concerned) with four out of five Joomla templates, sadly. The trick is to find a Joomla site template that co-operates nicely with Kunena. This also may explain why nine out of ten Kunena site owners are still using the older [Blue Eagle-based] templates.

As far as topic icons are concerned, there's a setting somewhere on the Crypsis template option (I think).

jhebbel wrote: Guess it may be time for me to re-design my template in bootstrap, though ive never really liked bootstrap much.

I've been tempted to go back to protostar; K 4.0 Crypsis seems to work pretty well with that one. :lol:

Ok, I think i am up and running in 4.0 now. I sure hope they either ditch or make easier the bootstrap implementation in 5.0 otherwise I will likely stay with 4.

Coming from Chrono yourself, do you know of any way to import board data? I have tens of thousands of posts id rather not lose.

More
7 years 10 months ago #19 by sozzled

jhebbel wrote: Coming from Chrono yourself, do you know of any way to import board data? I have tens of thousands of posts id rather not lose.

I wrote an "opinion piece" some years ago (posted on this site and updated in my own blog) about the possibilities, the problems and pitfalls associated with migrating from one forum product to Kunena (or any other product, for that matter).

While it is certainly true that CF provided a single-click import feature—it was one of the features that attracted me to CF in the first place—CF is kind of in an exclusive class. AFAIK there isn't a means of importing from CF to Kunena, certainly not with a single mouse-click.

However, nothing's impossible; "where there's a will there's a way" as the saying goes. But the means to achieve this outcome might prove to be a time-consuming or financial barrier. I'm happy to discuss your situation with you—free of charge—and give you some suggestions or "benefit" of my experience. Skype might be something you could consider (my Skype address is in my user profile on this site). :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #20 by jhebbel

sozzled wrote:

jhebbel wrote: Coming from Chrono yourself, do you know of any way to import board data? I have tens of thousands of posts id rather not lose.

I wrote an "opinion piece" some years ago (posted on this site and updated in my own blog) about the possibilities, the problems and pitfalls associated with migrating from one forum product to Kunena (or any other product, for that matter).

While it is certainly true that CF provided a single-click import feature—it was one of the features that attracted me to CF in the first place—CF is kind of in an exclusive class. AFAIK there isn't a means of importing from CF to Kunena, certainly not with a single mouse-click.

However, nothing's impossible; "where there's a will there's a way" as the saying goes. But the means to achieve this outcome might prove to be a time-consuming or financial barrier. I'm happy to discuss your situation with you—free of charge—and give you some suggestions or "benefit" of my experience. Skype might be something you could consider (my Skype address is in my user profile on this site). :)

I will likely write my own import script, I did the same when I switched from phpBB to Chrono. Even though Chrono had the supposed ability to import from phpBB, it never worked quite right, so I wrote my own. Should Not be very hard for kunena as it seems to have a pretty common sense db structure.

Definitely liking the way kunena is written more than Chrono. Even though it was missing some features that I liked, the code is well written in kunena enough that I have already been able to code the changes that I found shortcomings. I easily added joomla group badges as well as additional social and profile fields. Thumbs up to the devs here using the more standard model-view approach as opposed to Chrono's php soup.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds