Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Problems after updating to 5.2

More
3 years 2 months ago #1 by SBott
We had not updated the forum in a while, and at some point it didn't work anymore with the current Joomla version (posts were not displayed anymore). So now we updated everything to Kunena 5.2.2. That seemed to have worked, and the posts in the forum are displayed again. However, it is not possible to post answers (redirects to 404 error message) or to create new topics (redirects to "current threads", but new thread does not exist). Also threads now show placeholders even though the "use English if no translation available" option is checked (COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW and COM_KUNENA_SAMPLEDATA_RANK1). What can we do to repair the forum?

This is the report from the backend:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jp-pasta | author: JoomlaPlates | version: 1.0.001 | creationdate: June 2015

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.2 | creationdate: 2021-01-13

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.2 | 2021-01-13 [ Iris ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.2

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Problems after updating to 5.2

However, it is not possible to post answers (redirects to 404 error message) or to create new topics (redirects to "current threads", but new thread does not exist).

Maybe it helps, if you go in the backend to Kunena -> Tools and let recount the statistics.

Also threads now show placeholders even though the "use English if no translation available" option is checked (COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_REPLIED_NEW and COM_KUNENA_SAMPLEDATA_RANK1).

Have you installed also the language package?
There is a separate solution for the untranslated rank names:  www.kunena.org/forum/k-5-2-support-archi...-profile-info#215056

More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by SBott
Hi and thanks for your reply!
>>Maybe it helps, if you go in the backend to Kunena -> Tools and let recount the statistics.
I did that, but it did not change anything unfortunately.
>>Have you installed also the language package?
I installed the 5.2.2. language package and also edited the rank names - this resolved the issues with the placeholders :)
So what remains is the main problem that it is not possible to post answers or new topics.

More
3 years 2 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

Do-you have tried with Crypsis if you have the same issue when post and reply ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 2 months ago #5 by SBott
Hi, this happens with Crypsis, yes.
Under "Templates" I also see Crypsisb3 and Crypsisb4...

More
3 years 2 months ago #6 by rich
Open your Browser Console (press F12), maybe you get an error message which is more exact as only 404.

More
3 years 2 months ago #7 by SBott
When trying to post a quick answer to a topic, the console displays: GET www.people-abroad.de/forum/topic/ 404 (Not Found)

When trying to create a new topic, the console does not display any error message. Same happens when trying to post a regular (not quick) answer.

I found another 404 error in the console when opening an existing thread: GET www.people-abroad.de/forum/user/listmention.raw/ 404 (Not Found)
The thread does display fine, though.

More
3 years 2 months ago #8 by rich
Please check your Kunena menu items. Many errors come from wrong configured Kunena Menu items. I cannot see any logic in the paths.
The menu item "Übersicht" show the path .../forum/index/ but goes to the statistics 
The Index is called by this address .../forum/forum
See also here:

More
3 years 2 months ago #9 by SBott
Hi,
I did a complete "trash-burn", i.e. deleted the Kunena menu, and related menu items from the main menu (and then emptied the trashcan). Used the "restore Kunena menu" option. Now the forum can be opened here: www.people-abroad.de/forum
However, the same problems are still there :/ Somehow, this installation is broken it seems...

More
3 years 2 months ago #10 by rich
Please disable the jch optimize, then empty the cache and test again whether it's not possible to create a new topic.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds