Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Page does not reload after sending a post

More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by chris9044
I posted a problem into the K 3.0 Board. Now I updated to K 4.05 and the problem stays the same. I cannot move the topic myself into this forum, so I open a new thread here and close it there. You'll see the history of the problem in the former posts.

Mainly when I want to send a post the page does not reload to the sent post. It just stays at the form and looks like the "Send" Button didn't worked at all. After a time I get a timeout-error. But in fact the post was sent. But because nothing moves people tend to click two or more times "Send" and think it didn't work.

Meanwhile I figured out that this only happens in the forum-categories I installed before the error appeared. As soon as I open a new forum-category it works. But in the database the old and the new forums in the j25_kunena_categories tables have exactly the same settings.

It also works (then for all of the old and new forums) when I disable the access-control in the Kunena-Joomla Integration Plugin and enable the CB Acess Control. But I don't want to use the CB Access Control.

Before the error appeared I didn't change anything and it worked in this configuration nearly a year without problems.

Has anybody an idea what this error could be?

Here my configuration report:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 120M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : SustainCo-Intranet | author: Design72 | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.5 | creationdate: 2015-08-17

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.5 | 2015-08-17 [ Turnau ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1 | UddeIM 3.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.1.1

Hope, somebody can help here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by chris9044
Does nobody have an idea about this? Thanks for any idea!

Best regards
Chris

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by 810
some ideas:

1) Update joomla to lasted 3.4, update kunena to K4.0.6, Update CB to lasted 2.0.x
2) try other Joomla template.
3) Conflict with plugin.

One of the ideas should work.

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by chris9044
1) Updates to existing versions didn't work, the time to change to Joomla 3.4 I do not have at the moment, but I think also this wouldn't solve the error, because the error seems to be at another place (see below)
2) It works for new forums with the existing template
3) It cannot be a plugin-problem because it works for new forums

I now tried and tried and I found out a very strange thing: If I change the Category-ID (catid) of an old forum to a new ID in the database it works. Than I change back to the old ID and the problem occurs again. When I change back to the new ID it works again.

So to switch to a new ID for all forums would be no problem, but then I have to move all of the posts first to another forum and than back to this forum, which gives a lot of work.

Has anybody an idea, why the problem occurs with an ID below 31 (the old forums) and why it works than as soon as the ID is higher? I don't change anything else and it doesn't matter if there are posts in the forum or not. Really a bit strange...

Thanks for any idea!

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

You are talking about forums, but Kunena create a section with some catégories in it, it's not very clear where is located the issue, maybe make a screenshot in Kunena categories manager to see the tree view of categories

Is-it possible to have a test account on your site to try ? You can give your credentials information into

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by xillibit.

More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by chris9044
Hallo Xillibit

I first would have to ask back if I could open a test-account, there's some sensible data in it. But in the attachement you will find the screenshot. I changed the "Test-Forum" in the Database from ID 12 to ID 52 and now it works. That was the only change I made. With ID 12 it doesn't work. That was the only thing I changed.

Best regards
Chris
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by xillibit
The installation of Kunena 3.0.x was a clean install or an upgrade from a previous version ? If yes, from which version ?

Did-you have tried to do a recount of categories (into tools from Kunena configuration panel) ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by chris9044
Thanks for asking back.

The upgrade to 2.5.28 was not a clean install, it was done as an upgrade from version 1.6 (don't know the exact version anymore).

I tested your idea with the recount of categeries, but that doesn't changed anything.

What I really wonder is that exactly the same forum with exactly the same articles works with catid 52 (example) and not with catid 12. I did have a deeper look into the categories in the database and there is no other difference beetween the forums, not even a little one, so I'm curious and don't think its an upgrade problem.

I didn't had a deeper look in the code, but somewhere the php-script seems to get stopped, if a forum is below the number 31 (old forums). I didn't found any other information in the database which explains this behaviour.

More
8 years 6 months ago #9 by chris9044
Does nobody have an idea about that topic?

More
8 years 6 months ago #10 by chris9044
Afer another ten hours of work I found out that it has to do with the subscriptions. When I change the subscriptions of all in a certain forum to 0 (in the table j25_kunena_users_categories) it works. As soon as I enable the 22 subscribed users it doesn't work anymore. When I switch all off and only set my own to 1 it works again.

So I thougth there will be a problem of an no more existing user which is still subscribed in this table and blocks while sending the subscribed mails. So I cleared all not existing users from this table, but that doesn't work. All now subscribed users exists in the joomla user table and the kunena user table.

What now could be the problem? What stops the script, which is sending the post from finishing his job? It works without subscriptions and if I only set my subscription to 1, it stops as soon as I set all subscriptions to 1.

Please help me, I'm next getting mad...

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds