Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Background of forum buttons wont display correctly

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by JamesCarter
Hello again,

since my last help request was so nicely solved, I figured I would try it again here. One of my site admins said he tried to fix it, but was not able to figure out what is going wrong. See the attachment to see how the current forum buttons look like.

The request is rather simple: We would like the black background to display behind the complete word, and not just a third of each word. Could someone please point me towards where I have to change something in order to make this happen?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by JamesCarter
Since this topic was moved into this forum 3 days ago, there were a total of 5 views on it - and no replies. I suppose people do not really check this forum? I was hoping this was an easy issue to fix.

merry x mas to everyone btw :)

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
I'm taking a blind leap of faith in making the assumption that the problem you're having relates to the same website you described >>> here <<<

If I have wrongly assumed, please let me know because, in cases like yours, although the "fix" may be easy, each solution is unique.

Generally-speaking, to fix these things requires the practical application of adding or modifying a bit of CSS - the backgrounds of the buttons used in the Blue Eagle template are defined with CSS sprites - but, because there's no way we can actually see, at first hand, the buttons on your site (because that would require logging in to your forum) this makes the job more complicated.

We do check these categories regularly. Our job in moderating the forum is not necessarily to spend hours of time resolving every tricky custom CSS question that comes our way but, rather, to allow others in the community to help one another with issues like yours.

Yes, the solution to your problem should be relatively straightforward. My guess, without knowing specifically what custom CSS you've used on your site, is that it could be done in a couple of hours but more would be revealed if we had first-hand access to the frontend of your forum.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by JamesCarter
Oh, awesome. Thank you for the reply, I was not really expecting an answer that quick around the holidays. Your help is very appreciated! :)

I changed the forum access (for now) so that you can go into the landing zone and see the buttons now. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you diagnose the problem.

More
10 years 3 months ago #5 by 9themestore
JamesCarter,

This problem I think there is a conflict CSS between Kunena template and your Joomla template. If your site have lived, please post link here. We will have correct solution for you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamesCarter

More
10 years 3 months ago #6 by JamesCarter
Not sure I am understanding your question correctly, but the link to my site is this: www.aao-daily.com

More
10 years 3 months ago #7 by 9themestore
Hi,

Can you provide me an account to check this issue? Please send me via email.

- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #8 by JamesCarter
I could not find your email, so I will just post the info here:

login: kunena
pw: kunena

Thanks again! :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #9 by 9themestore
Hi James,

Open the template.css file of the current Joomla! template and add the bellow css code section to bottom this file.
Code:
/* Quick fix for Kunena button */ body #Kunena .kicon-button span { background-color: none; }

Regards,

More
10 years 3 months ago #10 by JamesCarter
I did that, but it did not change anything. Maybe I have to wait before the changes take effect?

Btw, when I inspect the elements with firebug, i see a css rule saying:

#Kunena .kicon-button span {
background-color: inherit;
background-image: inherit;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
border: 0px none;
display: inline-block;
margin: 0px -5px;
}

If I then disable the very first one, the buttons are suddenly shown correctly on my page. Could that be the problem?

This css code lives in a file called kunena.forum-min.css .

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds