Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Stuck in category - no index breadcrumb

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by JamesCarter
Hello,

thanks for creating Kunena forums!

When I go into my forums and look at a specific thread in a category, I do not see any way to get back to the index of the forums unless I load the whole site new. Is there a way to add the index of the forums to the breadcrumbs? Right now the highest level crumb that I can access is the category that the last post I visited is in. I attached a screenshot to show you what I mean:

The parent category is displayed first and I am not able to browse to the forum index to look at other categories and posts in them unless I reload the entire forum.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #2 by coder4life
This is most likely related to the structure of your menu.

Could you please post your Kunena Configuration Report as it will be most helpful in working out the issue you are having.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by coder4life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamesCarter

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by JamesCarter
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 84M | Max file upload: 50M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : AAO_Daily | author: Free Template Center | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.2.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by GoremanX
This does appear to be a menu misconfiguration. You've got Forum, Forum and Forums all in there. I can only assume not all of these are active, but in any case, it can cause the kind of problem you're experiencing.

You can find more information regarding menu configuration in the following Wiki articles:
www.kunena.org/docs/The_Kunena_Menu
www.kunena.org/docs/Troubleshooting_Kunena_Menu
www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_menu_issues

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
I went to your website.

You do not have a Kunena menu on your site (like we have here). Is this what you want?

There is something strange with the way you have configured SEO/SEF. For example, the URL of your main forum page is <domain-name>/index.php/component/kunena/aao-daily

We have had questions in this forum about this particular issue. See How do I remove "component/" from my Kunena URLs? as one example of those questions.

It might also be a good idea to read how to setup Joomla Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) properly.

For your information, K 3.0.3 does not work with Community Builder 1.2.2 and you should immediately update Community Builder if you expect Kunena to work with it.

The answer to your question about the breadcrumbs problem is to read Kunena Menu issues , as GoremanX suggested, and you may also find that the article Customised menus will also help you, too.

I hope this helps.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by JamesCarter
Great, that helped a lot. Also thank you guys for all the additional information. I will work through all of it. :)

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds