Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question How do I remove "component/" from my Kunena URLs?

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by FidelGonzales
After migration (from SMF2-PHPBB3-K172-K204), all appears to work well, and I have even retained the use of the attachments such as photo/file uploads). The problem is in the SEF URLs created. The forum resolves to /forum. But click any of the links, I receive a URL that references the component string (component/kunena/320-action-sports or component/kunena/194-photography/2618-retail-sales-photo-gallery).

I have deleted and emptied the trash to all Kunena-related and forum-related menu items.

How might I resolve this issue so that I would have proper SEF URL strings (forum/194-photography/2618-retail-sales-photo-gallery)? Is there a configuration detail I overlooked?

mediaarmory.com/forum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by FidelGonzales
I tried resolving this issue again this morning. I disabled and refreshed the site cache. I disabled and reset SEF URLs. And the URL string remained the same. The URL for the forum is /forum, which should render all sub-categories and threads with that as the base. Instead, I receive the links below.

site.com/component/kunena/330-magento
site.com/component/kunena/330-magento/91492-magento-remove-category-image-from-description

I'm not sure if this is a Joomla or Kunena issue. Any ideas?

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
I have seen this issue discussed before on the forum (but I cannot easily find where).

The solution probably involves a combination of how you've defined your menu items and how you have set up SEF URLs in Joomla. For general background reading, see Kunena Menu issues and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

If this information does not help you to resolve the problem, please post your configuration report so that we can see what may be happening.

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by FidelGonzales
Thank you. I'll work on this and note any solutions. Thanks again.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by Matias
Yes, I can verify that the issue is in the menu you have built. Kunena has by default hidden menu item in your default menu. Please enable it (instead of using your own) and you should be fine.

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds