Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question SSL certificate problem

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by Indrit
Hi all,
I have recently installed the Kunena component for joomla, and today when i logged in as administrator I saw an extention upgrade for kunena. I did so and I ended up in the following message:

SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic SSL certificate problem
this is a know issue, we are investigate how to fix this.

For the mean time, download kunena, and install it by the joomla installer

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic SSL certificate problem
Hello,

You need to ask your host to have a SSL certificate to let CURL get HTTPS connection from github to download packages

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: die_zorro

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by die_zorro
Replied by die_zorro on topic SSL certificate problem
When I tried to update to Kunena 3.0.7 I get the following message:

0 SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Is the same issue?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
Yes, this is the same issue reported in the following topics:

1. Auto-upgrade problems with K 3.0.7
  2. 3.06 to 3.07 update fails Joomla 2
  3. Failed upgrade to Kunena 3.0.7
  4. Illegal characters found in URL
  5. Know K3.0.7 bugs/issue's (sic)

In my opinion, all of these topics should be merged together so that people will find all of the information in one place instead of having to read six separate topics.

I would be interested to know if the moderators have any intention of merging these topics so that they will assist the community better by collecting the information in one place.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #6 by xillibit
Like said in my previous message here : www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...icate-problem#162051

"It's a server issue with some servers. Those same servers in theory would have issues pulling the Joomla core updates (3.3.6 is using GitHub)." Like said here : groups.google.com/d/topic/joomla-dev-gen...ifc_thFlE/discussion

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by xillibit.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: .... it's not an issue in Kunena

Technically-speaking, the "issue" was created by an untested, unannounced change by the Kunena developers when they moved hosting of the installation packages at Sourceforge to GitHub.

xillibit wrote: It's a server issue with some servers. Those same servers in theory would have issues pulling the Joomla core updates (3.3.6 is using GitHub) ...

In effect, this says it's an end-user problem. Technically-speaking, this may be correct; however, it is not helpful to lay the blame on the end users for mistakingly trusting the auto-upgrade process when the problem was caused by an untested, unannounced change created by the Kunena developers in the first place.

What is needed here is less finger pointing and more empathy for the end users and, I'm sorry to say, there seems to be a lot more of the former attitude that seems to be on display here in recent times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xristo

More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic SSL certificate problem
Some people has no issues to upgrade to Kunena 3.0.7 others encounter the issue described above.

Just look around on the web, you will see plenty of issues with SSL and curl:

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: Some people has no issues to upgrade to Kunena 3.0.7 others encounter the issue described above.

I searched this forum for "SSL certificate problem" and I can find no reference to this problem — in connection with the Joomla "auto-upgrade" procedure for Kunena — until the release of K 3.0.7.

xillibit wrote: .... it's not an issue in Kunena

Since this was written (in msg #6 of this topic) the message has been changed. Is this a Kunena issue or is it not?

I have some questions:

1) If people are currently using K 3.0.6 on their websites and they see the message on their Joomla dashboard: what should they do?

2) What if people see the message on their Joomla dashboard that there is an update available for Kunena?

3) If there is a "SSL certificate problem", where does this problem come from?

4) Did the problem originate because of something that has changed between K 3.0.7 and K 3.0.6?

5) If the answer to question 4 is yes, what has changed and who was responsible for the change?

6) If the answer to question 5 is that the Kunena developers were responsible for making a change, what are the Kunena developers doing about resolving the issue so that it does not occur in future?

7) In msg #5 above, I asked if the moderators have any intention of merging together the five other topics on this "auto-upgrade" issue" so that they will assist the community better by collecting the information in one place?

8) When the developers say that "some people" may have this problem, do you know how many people may have this problem; is it a small number or is it a significant number of people?
Attachments:

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #10 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic SSL certificate problem
I think that the problem is all the add-on developers, who transferred or keep their packages for download on GitHub... same problem is also a self Joomla! Project, as they consider the place where the packages are loaded(eg. language packs, extensions etc.)... It all started here in my opinion --> developer.joomla.org/news/602-joomlacode-is-closing.html

EDIT: I think Kunena Developers find solution soon...
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Mortti.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds