Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Can't merge poll topics

More
9 years 5 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
I opened a topic and I tried to merge it with a bigger topic.

That's the topic here:
www.gameworld.gr/forum/4-chat/148781-asteies-eikones#143946

When I clicked "Moderate topic" and tried to merge it with this topic...
www.gameworld.gr/forum/4-chat/1582-asteies-eikones-memes

The outcome was that I couldn't find it! There is a drop-down list with 30 suggestions and I can't understand why.

My "Chat" forum has 867 topics!!
www.gameworld.gr/kunena/4-chat
So why should I choose ONLY one out of those 30 topics from the drop-down menu? I don't want to. I might want to use any from these 867 topics and that's what must happen now. There should be a system where I could click "merge topic" and a screen of the subforum would appear, where all topics would have the option "Merge here". That's one of the very basic moderation tools which exist in every forum component.

So questions:
1)Are you going to fix that in the future?
2)How am I supposed to merge my topics now?

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Kotsolis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #2 by rich
It requires no fix. This feature is already available.
Step 1. Target Category
Step 2. Target Topic

But the easier way is:
Step 1. Target Topic
Step 2. Manuelly Enter Topic ID (the topic ID you see in the browser address)

Attachments:

More
More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Did we answer your question? Can we close this topic?

More
9 years 5 months ago #5 by Kotsolis
No this didn't answer my question.

I have entered the manual ID option but it seems that there is a BUG!

Look at the video!

Topics to be merged:
www.gameworld.gr/forum/84-versus/148845-agora-i-enoikiasi#61569
www.gameworld.gr/forum/84-versus/61569-n...-ta-noikiazeis#61575

I need immediate reply. This issue is for weeks now!

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
I see, from your video, that you are trying to merge the topic with the topic ID 148845 into the topic with the topic ID 61569.

Although it was not easy to clearly see what you were entering in your video, it looks like you went to the topic www.gameworld.gr/forum/84-versus/61569-n...-ta-noikiazeis#61575 and clicked the MODERATE button—which should have worked (although I would have used the MODERATE TOPIC button). The next screen would have looked something like how I pictured in the topic How to merge a post with another topic - not all topics are listed in the target category , something like:

... and that is where you should have entered "61569" in the Target Topic textbox.

The problem is that you have two topics that have polls in them. You cannot merge topics that have polls in them. A topic can only have one poll; you cannot run two polls in a single topic. I think this explains why you cannot merge those two topics.

I don't think this is a bug. I think it's just not possible in the current design of Kunena.

There are other ways that you could possibly manually merge the two topics by manipulating the data in the database tables but this would be risky and you could make your forum unusable if you get it wrong. I would not recommend that you try to merge these two topics by changing the data in the database but it all depends on how important it is to merge these two topics.

Even though I do not speak Greek, looking at the dates when your two topics were created (September 2009) I wonder how important it really is to fix this up 5 years later?

In summary, you cannot merge two topics if they have polls.

Does this now resolve your problem?
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #7 by Kotsolis
For me IT IS important even if they are old because the last replies of one of the two topics have been made these days!

There are many issues here:

1)First of all There should be options "Move topic" , "Split topic" , "Merge topic" etc. I tried to move the topic in an other forum and FORGOT to click that box "Move the topic and all the 21 replies". This resulted in splitting only the first topic! What should I do now? Hit my head on the wall for that mistake? ALL forum components in the world have buttons which include these commands: Move, Split, Merge. Why does Kunena doesn't? We might want to split 4 posts , the 1st, 5th, 8th and 11th. WHat should we have to do in this case? Split them one by one? There should be a "Split" option and we should use checkboxes to split posts!

2)When we split a topic with a poll, there is also a rule in every forum component. ONLY the 1st post keeps the poll! There absolutelly NOreason to keep the poll in the other topics!

3)So with this situation now, how am I supposed to remove the poll from one topic so that I can merge it with the other? There should be an option to remove that poll without coding anyway!
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Kotsolis.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #8 by Kotsolis
Over 2 days have passed and no reply!
Also THERE IS bug here because when I click the "Moderate" button in the 1st post of the Poll topic, there is NO option "Split this and all the 5 replies" as it should!

What Kunena does is that it splits the 1st post of the topic, creates 2 polls and then I can't merge those topics!!!

1st of all fix that bug and allow us to delete polls finally!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Kotsolis.

More
9 years 4 months ago #9 by 810
to remove the poll:

1) Login as mod/admin.
2) Edit first message
3) click on poll icon
4) click on remove option button, until there are no options.
5) click on save

More
9 years 4 months ago #10 by Kotsolis
There is no poll option!
Also there is no option to change announcement topic to normal!
Iam not a noob, Iam very familiar with it. Here is the screenshot:

oi57.tinypic.com/2vtw3me.jpg

What should I do know? Do you want admin password to check?

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds