Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 3.0: "There are no published categories in ." message

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by ralf
Hi guys,

I read that thread but it's closed: www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...are-missing?start=80

I got exactly the same case - I have setup a website for a client a while ago, in the meantime version 3.0 rolled out and we updated. He started using his website and now not only categories are not displaying but also you can't post anything (because it seems like none of the categories are active).

Any ideas?
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : corporative | author: BDThemes | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Corporative 1.0 | author: BDThemes | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-12-24

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, ralf, and welcome to Kunena.

The important information, that was missing until I visited your website, is the information displayed in your site's forum Index page.

There are no published categories in .

This means that there are no published sections or categories defined in the Kunena Category Manager. I suggest you look again at the sections and categories that are defined for your forum.

As a matter of curiosity, did this problem start after migrating your site from J! 1.5?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by ralf
Hi Sozzled,

Thanks for taking your time. There are categories posted as you'll see in search dropdown.
I've been to the article you posted and the issue I found is I don't have "sections" in Kunena 3.0.2. There are only categories.

The problem started from migrating from Kunena 2 to 3. I have local copy with Kunena 2 and it works fine (on the same website) but it seems like version 3 was very much rebuilt. I don't see any changes in DB tho (on both local and live websites).
The suggestion I guess would be to remove Kunena from live and move older version from localhost but that's not the solution
Thanks,
Ralf

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled

ralf wrote: I've been to the article you posted and the issue I found is I don't have "sections" in Kunena ...

Kunena will not work if your categories are not contained within sections.

More
10 years 3 months ago #5 by ralf
Well that's the thing! :S
I don't have sections in Kunena v.3
I checked every single setting! I guess I can blame update process fail?

This is what I see under forum categories (no sections like per documentations).
Attachments:

More
10 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Do you know how to create a Kunena forum section?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #7 by ralf
No, that's what I'm trying to say. The "turning category into section" option doesn't exist in my version. Or I can't find it since the documentation is different from what I see
[EDIT]
If you'll see screenshot I attached in previous post I don't have "forum administration" on the menu as documentation suggests I should go to to create section:
www.kunena.org/docs/images/3/39/Forumadministration.jpg
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by ralf.

More
10 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
I did not write that you should turn a category into a section. I asked you if you know how to create a section?

You need at least one section in your forum.

Then you need to change the settings for each category to use this new section as the parent.

Do you understand now? It is all explained in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1)

More
10 years 3 months ago #9 by ralf
I'm sorry but I'm really lost. This is way overcomplicated so let's do baby steps:

Before you can post create a new topic you must define a category for it and, before you can create a category, you must create a section. Unlike Joomla, however, sections and categories are managed from the one place: the Forum Administration feature.

I don't have "forum administration" on the menu

The documentation is outdated :(

More
10 years 3 months ago #10 by ralf
OK Solution for anyone with the problem!
(I'm surprised that doesn't exist in documentation...)

So this is how documentations should explain creation of your forum:

You need at least one Section but you also need at least one category!.
In Kunena 3.x there's no longer anything called section therefore what you have to do is create at least one category with no parent AND at least one category with a parent! Otherwise your categories won't show...

Ugh that took a while to figure out!

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds