Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Upgraded to K 3.0.0 but "preview' button does not display message preview

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by stitchva
Hi,

Upgraded to Kunena 3.0.0 but now ?preview' post before sending doesn't show 'preview'
>> How to solve this issue without downgrading the currently installed 3.0.0 version or restoring an earlier backup (I can't restore an earlier site backup because a lot or new Kunena contents have been added between)

I'm running:
Joomla!: 2.5.11
PHP: 5.3.3

Thanks in advance for your attention & quick feedback,
Rgrds,
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Sounds like a Javascript library conflict. You will probably still have the same issue with K 3.0.1 but you should use K 3.0.1 instead of K 3.0.0
More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by stitchva
Confirmed. Upgraded to kunena 3.0.1 but the reported issue still happens...
>> If JS conflict could you guide me with the process to follow to debug / detect from where the conflict comes from?
Thanks in advance,
Rgrds,
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
We must have had hundreds of topics relating to this subject and tips, hints, guides, etc., etc., to help people resolve these problems for themselves. Of course, the place to start is what Joomla extensions are you using that may load some other Javascript library on your site that could possibly be the source of the problem.

These things could involve another Joomla component, or a module, plugin or template and I have made the assumption that you studied the K 3.0 Upgrade Guide carefully, and took all appropriate safeguards, before you went from some old version of Kunena that you were using to K 3.0.0 (and subsequently to K 3.0.1).

And then there's the possibility that your PHP environment is not right to host Joomla. For example, if you do not have JSON enabled then there's no chance that the message preview will work.

We have no clues as to what you have installed on your website because you haven't given us anything to go on. Did you read the category header, the forum announcement, and the FAQs page that will guide you about how to present us with information that may help? That's where I would start.

Other places that may help are

(1) Technical Requirements
(2) Common causes of Mootools (Javascript library) issues and Kunena
(3) Before you post your question, read this first (yes, I'm aware that this topic relates to K 2.0 but the principles and the causes of these kinds of issues are the same)
(4) Javascript and Kunena
(5) [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion (yes, the issues - and the complaints - go all the way back to K 1.6!)

So, you see, there are a few hours of reading of lots of useful information on this subject.

Almost everything I've written above is educated guesswork on my part. If you want my advice, let's start with a few knowns and your configuration report will help us there.

Lastly, 99% of these "I installed Kunena after I installed 30 other components, 200 modules and enabled every plugin in Joomla I could think of" - not that I'm saying you did these things - makes hunting for the needle in the haystack (and we don't even know what the haystack looks like) practically impossible, doesn't it? That's why I think people should, perhaps, read Which came first? The template or the forum?

I hope that a little of this helps. You asked me to guide you; I've given you all the "travel brochures" I could think of.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by stitchva
Thanks a lot for the guide!... I'll read everything you have recommended and I'll try to debug the conflict afterwards.
>> No doubt, I will post here final results right after the debugging work will be done.
Thanks again for your quick answer,
Rgrds,
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
OK, but I don't think you got the hints about looking at you configuration report, did you?

(Here's another hint: see what is written about 2 cm below where you logged to this site - near the top of this page?)
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #7 by stitchva
Oh Yeaah! Just wished to make a backup, install it locally just to be able to discart the issue could not be server config. related.
>> Installed locally and the issue is still there.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : sv2 | author: John Wright | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

>> Attached local server PHPInfo
Thanks again for attention,
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal Kunena configuration report in message
More
10 years 9 months ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have tried to look what message are displayed firebug console when you are using preview feature ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
10 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled
stichva: you are using the old Blue Eagle template designed for K 1.7.2. Try using the one designed for K 3.0, instead.

Also, please read Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) .
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #10 by stitchva

xillibit wrote: Do you have tried to look what message are displayed firebug console when you are using preview feature ?

Yes of course, but not red warnings for both website versions (live one and local one). Even through Google Chrome inspect feature = no red warnings.

xillibit wrote: Do you have tried to look what message are displayed firebug console when you are using preview feature ?

Enabled Blue Eagle 2.0 as the default template on both website version (live one & local copy running over Joomlas2Go! 5.07 MULTISITE Pack)

sozzled wrote: - Also, please read Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) .

Joomlas2Go! 5.07 has its UwAMP built-in server very well tweaked to meet Joomla! requirements, however, I'm doing every step test over the same site hosted live & local each time before posting an answer here,

Reported issue still there (preview feature still not shown)

I'll try to rebuilt the site (locally) starting from Joomla! + Kunena and testing the reported issue functionality right after installing / enabling every other component, module and single plugin...

If you see any other way to debug where is the conflict, please, let me know it!

Thanks both for your help and close support

Rgrds,
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Formatting changes to improve readability
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds