Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 3.0 buttons display constant names

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #11 by samofcary
Thanks for helping. I should have included the config's in the first message itself. Here you go..

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_graffito | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-05-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by samofcary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #12 by sozzled
Thanks for posting your configuration report, samofcary.

Indeed, when we examine your configuration report closely, we see many differences between your environment and that of chrishirst.

In the first case, you are using different versions of PHP. The key factor in how symbolic names are translated on-the-fly by Joomla - and the technique has been used by Kunena for several years - depends, of course, on how PHP interprets and processes the .PHP source. In your case you are using PHP 5.3.4 while chrishirst is using PHP 5.3.8.

The second key difference is that christhirst has the following languages installed in his website (de-DE, en-GB, fa-IR, fr-FR, nl-NL, ru-RU and zh-CN) and that is why I was thinking that this may be an issue involving languages. As we all know, K 3.0 ships with only the en-GB language strings and, assuming that you have write permissions on the folder where the language definitions must be installed, the language definitions are located in the following places:
  • ./administrator/components/com_kunena/language
  • ./components/com_kunena/language

But if the above folders do not contain the necessary language definitions, then I would also expect that the damage we're discussing here would not be limited to just the forum buttons appearing with non-translated symbolic names. This is fact is not borne out we look at the forum at chrishirst's website; it would seem that everything is translated as you would expect. This is why I am puzzled that everything else in your forums are properly rendered except for the forum buttons!

Mystifying.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #13 by samofcary
Quick update. I performed the upgrade process again on a fresh copy. I upgraded the Joomla to 2.5.11 version using jupgrade. Kunena 1.7.2 (without upgrade) worked good. I upgraded Kunena to 2.0.4 via automatic upgrade from joomla admin. Kunena continue to work good. I will upgrade my main site to this config for now. I will then work on getting 3.0 working on a backup copy.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by samofcary.

More
10 years 9 months ago #14 by Matias
I agree with the last post by @sozzled.

But if there are extra language files from the older releases, they prevent the new translations from being loaded. I would enable Joomla debug mode for languages and make a check on which files have been loaded by the system.

In case of Kunena, all the English language files that are loaded should come from the component directory (see sozzleds message), not from the main language directories. So you should have something like this in the debug:

**Language Files Loaded**
**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_kunena.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/components/com_kunena/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_kunena.ini

If the files get loaded from the wrong location, it could explain why the strings aren't translated.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #15 by paurray
Hello

I am new to this forum as I installed your software yesterday.

I seem to be having the same problem!

I am on Joomla 2.5.11

I have a clean install of 3.0.1 which you can only get to as of now if you login to the Site!

Would appreciate some help as everything else seems to be working fine.

I see that there is some kind of issues with language files.

Inside the com Kunena folder there are what look like 50 language files!

www.finalbug.net

best

Paul
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by paurray.

More
10 years 9 months ago #16 by sozzled

paurray wrote: I seem to be having the same problem!

It may be a good idea to read I have the same problem ... because there is a very good chance that your problem is very different. I suggest that you begin by reading the helpful advice printed at the top of this page so that we may know more about why, in your case, the symbolic names are not translated into whatever language you are using on your site. ;)

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #17 by ptesone
Replied by ptesone on topic Undefined language strings
Hi,

I upgrade to the last version ( 3.0.1 ) the last week and I found some issue:

1. Some language const are missing for English, The forum works moderated and some of the translation are missing.

example :

COM_KUNENA_SHOWCAT_PENDING
COM_KUNENA_STAT_USERLIST
COM_KUNENA_GEN_MARK_ALL_FORUMS_READ

[strike]2. A few times when I try to approve some threads the forum isn't allow to see the thread, they always show me a list of the threads but the thread that I am trying to answer I can't access, I thinks this can be related with the forum links but I am not sure. This also happened a few times with the Kunena 2x[/strike]

I have the follow configuration :

sh404SEF ( I am using the workaround to allow work with kunena 3.0.1)
Joomla 2.5.11
Kunena 3.0.1

Regards,
Peter
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Second unrelated question removed by moderator

More
10 years 9 months ago #18 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

To all those people who have written about untranslated symbolic constants, please read the advice written earlier in this topic from Matias. It would also assist us, when posting messages in this category, to read Rules for posting in K 3.0 Support category . Thank you.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #19 by paurray
Hello support

I need some help with the menu buttons in the forum.

I already posted here :

www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-3-0-support/...splay-constant-names

And was told to re read the post and if necessary post again with more info.

About my system. I am running Joomla 2.5.14

And Kunena is a clean install. Version 3.0.1

Having reread the above post as far as I can make out the languages are stored in 2 places.

AAA Joomla : httpdocs/language/

Please see Screen Shot A

BBB Kunena : httpdocs/components/com_kunena /language/

Please see Screen Shot B

So I am guessing that there is some kind of mismatch going on.

Could someone please suggest where and how to rectify this.

I know how to switch on debug mode but that is about it.

I am hoping that I am missing something really simple and someone can help me.

The last Screen Shot (C) is how my menu buttons look!

thanks

Paul
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic merged and fixed minor typographical error in subject

More
10 years 8 months ago #20 by sozzled

paurray wrote: I already posted here :

www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-3-0-support/...splay-constant-names

There is no need to start a new topic. I have merged your question back into the original topic.

paurray wrote: And was told to re read the post and if necessary post again with more info.

Perhaps we were being too subtle. Please post your Kunena configuration report. Information about how to post your Kunena configuration report appears at the top of most pages on the forum and in the FAQs page. There is even a video tutorial that shows you how to provide us with your Kunena configuration report. With your Kunena configuration report we may be able to answer your question more quickly. Without your Kunena configuration report we are only guessing.

I am not sure what is going on here, with your website which you claim is a completely brand new website with a fresh installation of K 3.0.1. There are many reasons why language files may not be work properly. The most likely reason is that there was a permissions error that prevented the Kunena language file from being properly installed in the first place.

Time to create page: 0.626 seconds