Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 3.0 buttons display constant names

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #41 by rooster790
[strike]Hello, hoping someone can help with this. I've recently upgraded Kunena to v3.0.3, everything has gone fine except that now once I go into a category or topic the button labels are showing things like:

COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY
COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_TOPIC_SUBSCRIBE

and so on..

I've tried switching templates but that didn't seem to help, any ideas?

Thanks[/strike]

Very Sorry - search is a wonderful thing, found a thread covering this issue.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by rooster790.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #42 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

For everyone else, this is the topic that rooster790 was referring to.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #43 by huuanito
Hello again,

the text on the reply etc., buttons has changed in an odd way after upgrade from K1.7.0 to K3.0.4

before:

after:

It is like it's using the tags for some labels instead of the text from those tags.

I am about to disable a couple of plugins from advice from another thread. Will report back if that fixes it.
EDIT: OK I just disabled those and its still same. I have updated the config below to reflect after the disable.

Here's config:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_graphite | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.5 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1 | UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by huuanito. Reason: updated config

More
10 years 3 months ago #44 by coder4life
When buttons have that issue it is likely due to languages not installing correctly. Those long pieces of text are keys used to identify where to put language translations.

Try to reinstall Kunena (do not remove Kunena first). Sometimes this fixes the issue for bad language installation. If you are using a different language you must look in the language pack given on our download page at kunena.org/download . Hope this helps.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #45 by sozzled
Typically, what happens when symbolic names show instead of more "meaningful" button labels, is that there was a folder permission issue that resulted in Kunena not being properly installed (even if you might have seen the message during the installation procedure that says "Kunena was successfully installed" - not everything may be perfect :pinch: but sometimes some informative messages might easily be overlooked).

The button labels are contained in the language file . If one (or all) of the language files were not installed properly what happens is that button labels are left "untranslated". The way to resolve this problem is to review the Joomla folder and file permissions (see Securing Kunena ) and make sure that all folders and files are set according to the settings as recommended by Joomla. As a minimum, the release notes for K 3.0.4 have information that should assist.

After reviewing folder permissions and making any changes that may be needed, reinstalling K 3.0.4 should fix these kinds of problems. That's the theory, anyway. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago #46 by huuanito

coder4life wrote: When buttons have that issue it is likely due to languages not installing correctly. Those long pieces of text are keys used to identify where to put language translations.

Try to reinstall Kunena (do not remove Kunena first). Sometimes this fixes the issue for bad language installation. If you are using a different language you must look in the language pack given on our download page at kunena.org/download . Hope this helps.

I dug into it a bit and could see the line where it gets the text inside

components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/template.php
Code:
$text = JText::_("COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_{$scope}_{$name}"); $title = JText::_("COM_KUNENA_BUTTON_{$scope}_{$name}_LONG");

put in some debug and could see it bringing back the wrong text. I thought it might have been a case issue so I used strtoupper() to make sure both $name and $scope were both uppercase as I could see in the browser inspector that they were lower case but that wasn't the issue. Oh well.

Next I made a copy of public_html on my test site and then reinstalled Kunena.
The reinstall fixed the problem.
Did a diff -rq between the two folders to see what changed and the most noticeable things was that several language folders that were in the old install were not in the new. That's back to front to what I expected.
So did the same thing on the live site with same result. here's the diff:
Code:
# diff -rq public_html/ b4ReinstallK/ Only in b4ReinstallK/administrator/language/en-GB: en-GB.com_kunena.ini Only in b4ReinstallK/administrator/language/en-GB: en-GB.com_kunena.install.ini Only in b4ReinstallK/administrator/language/en-GB: en-GB.com_kunena.sys.ini Only in b4ReinstallK/administrator/language/en-GB: en-GB.plg_system_kunena.sys.ini Only in b4ReinstallK/cache/kunena: kunena.bootstrap.kunena.less.cache Only in b4ReinstallK/language/en-GB: en-GB.com_kunena.ini

Hope that helps.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds