Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

More
12 years 9 months ago #31 by gazm
Yeah im getting these errors aswell.

Only when loggin in through kunena though. When using the cb login module all works fine...

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #32 by sozzled
Yes, gazm, we understand the problem. The issue involves using the login form in Kunena as long as you have Kunena integrated to use the Community Builder login function. As a workaround, you can set the Kunena integration option to use the Joomla login function instead. There is a downside: if users try to register at your site from the Kunena forum, they will also be offered the Joomla registration function (if it's enabled) using the option I've just mentioned. We understand the problem and I have referred the matter to the project team for a resolution of the issue.

Your problem, gazm, can also be addressed by using the fix given by Matias in msg #18 in this topic. This removes the message "The profile page is not available for guests".

I still have to further investigate the main subject of this topic, namely, "Profile tab says 'You are not authorized to view this page!'"

More
12 years 9 months ago #33 by Matias
I can probably fix the other issues now that we are able to reproduce them, but we still need to be able to reproduce the first issue (from the title)..

I believe that above error comes from Joomla, so it has something to do with profile menu item..

Any ideas how to get that error? How many of you are seeing it? Maybe we will find something in common..

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #34 by vau3677
Matias, use the login I've provided to sozzled. Try to create a new topic and you will get that message right away.

This message contains confidential information
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by vau3677.

More
12 years 9 months ago #35 by bjones211
Matias - I was the one who originally posted the issue. I've worked around it for now by changing my Kunena Profile Menu tab to the type CB User Profile. You can subscribe at " www.espiritusanto.cc " and I'll accept you in if you want to try and debug it. Let me know and I'll set the Kunena Profile tab back to it's normal setting.

Brian

More
12 years 9 months ago #36 by Matias
@vau3677: Your issue is different. There's a bug in Kunena 1.6.4 with locked categories. Unlock those and posting should work again. The issue has been fixed into K1.6.5.

More
12 years 9 months ago #37 by vau3677

More
12 years 9 months ago #38 by alikris

The issue involves using the login form in Kunena as long as you have Kunena integrated to use the Community Builder login function. As a workaround, you can set the Kunena integration option to use the Joomla login function instead.

Thank you, that solved the problem for me. Note that I had the Kunena login set to 'auto-detect'.

I think you should also be aware of another problem directly related to this one.

In J1.6 there is a special 'guest' usergroup. This enables featured articles to be visible by website visitors. Once logged in, those articles are replaced by featured articles set to 'registered' usergroup. In other words, this feature allows one to have a different frontpage for website visitors to that for logged in users.

When set to 'auto-detect, and logging in via the Kunena login, the featured pages set to 'guest' usergroup are still displayed, and those featured pages set to 'registered' are not.

Setting the Kunena integration login from 'auto-detect' to 'Joomla' not only solves the 'not authorised' message, but importantly for me also solves the special 'guest' usergroup articles problem.

This is a repeatable phenomenon, and I am happy to set up an admin account for yous to investigate if yous wish.

Ali.

More
12 years 9 months ago #39 by gazm
Ive been trying to get to the bottom of this again this morning. Ive got now got one site with the bug and one without!? Bizare!!

More
12 years 1 month ago #40 by texasjin
I got the exact same problem after installing AlphaUserPoints
See the post here:
www.kunena.org/forum/201-AlphaUserPoints...tall-AlphaUserPoints

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds