Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1 by bjones211
If I login as a registered user I get the message, "You are not authorized to view this page!" when going to the profile tab. If I login as an admin it takes me to the CB profile page as expected. It's almost like Kunena thinks I'm a guest still even though it gives me access to all the boards.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, bjones211, and welcome to Kunena.

You posted your question in the K 1.5 Support category. Please read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

I am puzzled as to how this is a Kunena issue because Kunena is does not handle logins. K 1.5.x templates, in particular, did not integrate completely successfully with third-party login software such as Community Builder and that may, or may not, be relevant. What has me particularly intrigued is "if I login as an admin it takes me to the CB profile page as expected." If we were discussing Kunena I would have expected you to have written, when you login you are redirected to the forum, as expected. So, I'm really unclear whether this is a support issue for Kunena or a question, perhaps, about how you have configured Community Builder.

What is important for us to understand, in this case, when we are discussing K 1.5.x, is what specific version of Kunena 1.5.x you are using and what specific version of CB you are using, too. Please remember that K 1.5.x is very close to retirement and there is extremely limited support for that software that has not been maintained in over 12 months. We recommend that you make plans now to upgrade to K 1.6.4 as soon as possible; please see K 1.6 Upgrade Guide for further information.

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by bjones211
Hey there,
I'm using Kunena 1.6.4 so it looks like I posted in the wrong place (I thought it was referring to Joomla! 1.5
since some extensions do that). I'm using Joomla 1.5.22.

I believe this is a Kunena integration issue where Kunena isn't picking up the user permission of a CB user properly. As I said, it's weird because as an admin level user it works fine. I'm using Community Builder version
1.4 so I believe everything is the latest and greatest (this is a new website project for my church). I have the
Forum integration plugin turned on in CB and set to Kunena.

I'm also getting a way wrong user online count when I'm in the message boards on the front-end as well.

Sorry about the earlier confusion over version numbers...

Thanks,
Brian

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks for clarifying the misunderstanding. Your question seems to be more about how you've setup Joomla to work with Community Builder than anything else and I've moved your topic to a category that I think is more appropriate.

As I wrote earlier, I'm unsure how this is a Kunena issue when you wrote "if I login as an admin it takes me to the CB profile page as expected" particularly as I tried to explain that, under normal circumstaces, Kunena is not responsible for what happens when you login. It may therefore depend on what you're using as the login form and where you're logging in from. Are you, for example, logging in using the form in the forum or are you logging in elsewhere on your website.

It would help us to know more about your website. Because you are using K 1.6 it would therefore assist us if you posted you K 1.6 configuration report (see the answer to the frequently asked question What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? that will help you in that task).

Wrong online user count is a different question and I think you should search this forum for the answers that relating to that subject and use a different topic to discuss those issues.

We also recommend that you upgrade to J! 1.5.23.

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by bjones211
OK, here's the process:

1) Login to the website using CB and then navigate to the Kunena message boards (Kunena isn't handling the login).
2) Once I'm in the message boards I click on the Profile tab... If I'm logged in as a user with Admin permissions it shows me the CB profile as I have Kunena integration with CB turned on. If I'm logged in as a normal user and click on the profile tab, I get the error "You are not authorized to view this page!".

Thanks,
Brian

Here is the configuration report:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : rt_paradox_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: December 1, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
According to you K 1.6 configuration report, these are your current settings (Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options)

integration_access auto
integration_login communitybuilder
integration_avatar communitybuilder
integration_profile communitybuilder
integration_private none
integration_activity communitybuilder

I would use the following settings:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Avatars = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and Userlist = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Private Messaginb = None
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Activity Notifications = None
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Access Control = Joomla

See how those settings work for you.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7 by bjones211
Still get the same error after trying those settings. When I login as my non-admin account, I get the error at the top of the site: "The profile page is not available for guests" so it must really think I'm still a guest for some reason. I also still get the same "You are not authorized to view this page!" when I click on the profile tab or my username while in Kunena.

Here is my config file again:
onfidential]Joomla! version: Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable [ senu takaa ama woi ] 04-November-2010 Platform: Apache/2.2.17 (CentOS) ( www.espiritusanto.cc ) PHP version: 5.2.17 | safe_mode: Off | register_globals: On | mbstring: Enabled | GD: Not installed | MySQL version: 5.1.56[/confidential]

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : rt_paradox_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: December 1, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
In this case, I think the issue relates to your Joomla menu. I think you have restricted access to your Community Builder pages in some other way (unrelated to Kunena). As you have indicated earlier, the issue arises when you login (but not from Kunena)

We may be able to help but, as this does not appear to be Kunena-related, that's something that's a little outside the standard service offered here. I suggest that you carefully review your Joomla menu items to see what protection you have applied, who can access certain pages, etc. I could also work with you on that, if this is something that appeals to you, and we could probably resolve the issue in less than an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #9 by bjones211
My CB login is set to public as well as all my Kunena menu items (except for New Topic, No Replies, and My Posts are set to registered). You clearly have a bug in one area of integration as the message at the top of the site that says "The profile page is not available for guests" comes from your code, not CB. I get this by logging in from Kunena as a registered user. Looking at your code in components/com_kunena/profile.php I think this code needs restructured:

if (!$userid) {
$this->user = $this->my;
}
else {
$this->user = JFactory::getUser( $userid );
}

if ($this->user->id == 0 || ($this->my->id == 0 && !$this->config->pubprofile)) {
$this->_app->enqueueMessage ( JText::_('COM_KUNENA_PROFILEPAGE_NOT_ALLOWED_FOR_GUESTS'), 'notice' );
return;
}

$integration = KunenaFactory::getProfile();
$activityIntegration = KunenaFactory::getActivityIntegration();
$template = KunenaFactory::getTemplate();
$this->params = $template->params;

if (get_class($integration) == 'KunenaProfileNone') {
$this->_app->enqueueMessage ( JText::_('COM_KUNENA_PROFILE_DISABLED'), 'notice' );
return;
}

The message, "You are not authorized to view this page" is coming from CB and I think may have something to do with how permission/user level is passed from Kunena onto the CB request for profile information.

Thanks,
Brian

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #10 by vau3677
Recently I've upgraded Kunena and Community Builder to the newest versions. Later, found out that there is an issue with these 2 messages.
I've spent about 3 hours to solve the problem and here is what I found.
At that time I was using Joomla 1.5.23, Kunena 1.6.4(upgraded from 1.6.0), CB 1.4(upgraded from 1.3).
When I try to log in thru CB, no messages displayed, but when I log in thru Kunena I get the message "The profile page is not available for guests", and when I try to post on forum, the category menu is blank and if I try to select a category, there are only sections which are not selectable, and when I click "submit" button I get another message "You are not authorized to view this page!".
Started pointing out the problem from installing a fresh joomla (to exclude recent extensions installed, such as Admin Tools, Joomla Stats, Qlue404 and database itself.)
Copied the folder with my website template into Joomla templates directory, installed CB 1.4 and Kunena 1.6.4, played with settings but with no results. Continued on my existing website(on local server) and uninstalled CB, all worked fine. Installed CB 1.3, had the issue back. Downgraded Kunena to 1.6.0, worked fine, except the styles issue. Upgraded to 1.6.3, the problem came back. Downgraded to 1.6.2 and all was working perfectly. Upgraded CB to 1.4 and nothing has changed. Downgraded Kunena to 1.6.2 on remote server and the problem is gone there also.

Now, I have my question, why Kunena versions 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 aren't working properly with CB.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by vau3677.

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds