Kunena 6.0.8 Released (17 Jan 2023)
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.0.8 [K 6.0.8] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.2.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.0 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 6.0.
Question K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.
The Support category is used to address problems with the unmodified core Kunena software - not to ask how to change it or to discuss problems people might encounter with third-party developed features. If you have a support question, please familiarise yourselves with the following key articles:
- Technical Requirements
- There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex
- Securing Kunena
If you are using an old, outdated version of Kunena, you have two choices:
- Stay with the version that you have and attempt to work through the problem yourself; or
- Upgrade to the latest version of Kunena before you ask for our help.
- Kunena - A basic Overview for Beginners
- Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1)
- Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
Before you ask a question in this Support category, please search these forums first. There is a very good chance that your problem, issue or question has already been asked and answered before.
If you have a genuine problem, issue or question about Kunena support, please make sure that you provide all of the following information:
- What version of Joomla are you using. Please do not simply write "the latest one" - we want to know the actual version number.
- What version of Kunena are you using. Please do not simply write "the latest one" - we want to know the actual version number.
- What changes, if any, did you make to the original Kunena configuration settings. If you are unsure, please look at Kunena Configuration for guidance. Starting with K 1.6 we may also ask you to use the built-in Kunena configuration report feature .
- Give your topic a meaningful subject. This helps us understand your specific problem and also assists others in future who may experience something similar. Do not simply write "Help" or "Urgent". Keywords like these will probably result in no help or assigning your problem a low priority before it is answered. Everyone wants help and everyone wants the help urgently!
- Please don't hijack someone else's topic. If you have a similar problem and you want to join a discussion, please make sure you understand what other people have posted. All too often we see I have the same problem ... and, just as often, these kinds of interruptions result in confusing, not helping, the issue.
- Support is only offered in English.
- Be prepared to help. This is a very active forum and we answer a lot of questions every day. Topics in this category that have been inactive for more than two weeks may be closed by the moderators either because we assume there is insufficient interest to continue them or we will assume that the problem has been solved.
Please try to observe these guidelines - they are for everyone's benefit - and we don't enjoy "doing housework" to keep this category focused and on-topic because this takes valuable time when we could be helping someone else. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated.
The moderators and administrators want you to enjoy using these forums. Your happiness is our reward. We are all hobbyists and enthusiasts but we are also volunteers, all of us. We understand that not everyone knows Kunena as well as we do but we don't necessarily know all the answers, either.
If you benefit from our help you can show your appreciation by using the Thank You feature:
A small gesture on your part, that takes only a second, gives the community a real boost ... and you'll know that you've put a smile on someone else's face, too!
There are also other ways you can show your appreciation. Please contact one of developers or the moderators to find out more.
It is particularly important that all new users of Kunena understand that K 1.5.13 is expected to be the last version of Kunena (in the K 1.5 series) that will be available for download and for support by the Kunena project team. It is important to understand that K 1.5.x will not be enhanced, updated, improved or revised by the Kunena project team. This is because the focus of the Kunena project has now shifted to K 1.6 and, beyond that (at the time of writing), to K 2.0.
Versions of Kunena after K 1.5 will not have their features "retrofitted" to K 1.5. If people want to utilise the new features of Kunena they need to upgrade. Upgrading from K 1.5 -> K 1.6 is quite easy but people may have other software on their website that prevents K 1.6 from working. If in doubt you should have a test site where you can verify that K 1.6 will work in your circumstances.
As the focus becomes more concentrated on K 1.6 and, beyond that, to K 2.0 the amount of support given by the project team to K 1.5.13 issues will become more limited. Many problems that people have with K 1.5.13 will not be solvable at all.
People should also understand that there is no support at all for versions of Kunena that existed before K 1.5.13 and so, if you have an issue with an earlier version, you will need to upgrade to K 1.5.13 at the very minimum.
Support of K 1.5.13 will be retired at a later date. There will be an official announcement made before that time.