Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question CB Profile integration

More
12 years 3 months ago #11 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic Re: CB Profile integration
The items that were removed have nothing to do with the config. I prefer not to post my site name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: CB Profile integration
That's your choice to keep confidential to yourself the details about your website; as you have decided to not share that information we're left to rely on our own resources. I have tested K 1.7.1 and CB 1.7.1 on J! !.7.3 myself and I have not seen any issue. I have not seen any reports about K 1.7.1 and CB 1.7.1 on J! 1.7.3 not working together in the way you have described either here or at Joomlapolis. Perhaps someone else has come across this issue and may be able to shed some light on the matter.

I wish you good luck in solving your problem as there is nothing else that I can suggest.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13 by prophoto

prophoto wrote: What should change when enabling CB integration?

More
12 years 3 months ago #14 by sozzled
Most of the time you don't need to enable anything. Kunena will auto-detect the presence of CB and integrate automatically. You can specifically configure different integration options if Kunena doesn't work the way that you want. On most of my websites - where I use CB - I don't enable CB user profiles at all.

This is not because it doesn't work; I just prefer my users to be able to edit/modify their forum profile using Kunena instead of using CB. That's just my preference. Everyone does their own thing.

More
12 years 3 months ago #15 by prophoto
Unfortunately that doesn't answer my question. WHERE EXACTLY should I see changes when in turn the integration on and off.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #16 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: CB Profile integration
I assume you're referring to either a menu item called "Profile" or the Kunena tab labeled "Profile"?

In your Joomla menu manager, check the "Profile" item under "Kunena Menu" and make sure that "Use integration" is set to yes.

prophoto wrote: Unfortunately that doesn't answer my question. WHERE EXACTLY should I see changes when in turn the integration on and off.

You shouldn't actually see any changes. The changes are where links go to. For example, if you click on someone's name in the forum, you'll be sent to their CB profile page rather than their Kunena profile page. Same with the "Profile" menu item, as long as "Use integration" is set to yes.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by GoremanX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #17 by sozzled
The reason that most people will not see these kinds of problems is because when Kunena is first installed and the Kunena menu is created (or if people re-create their Kunena menu), the initial/default value of the Profile menu item is Use Integration = Yes.

Until GoremanX pointed this out, I had never even looked at the Profile menu settings before (and that probably explains why no-one has encountered this problem before). The issue has nothing to do with the version of Joomla, by the way.

It seems that people will most likely encounter the problems reported by prophoto when they try to build their own menus or change the initial default settings and don't remember/test how those changes affect things.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #18 by prophoto

GoremanX wrote:

prophoto wrote: Unfortunately that doesn't answer my question. WHERE EXACTLY should I see changes when in turn the integration on and off.

You shouldn't actually see any changes. The changes are where links go to. For example, if you click on someone's name in the forum, you'll be sent to their CB profile page rather than their Kunena profile page. Same with the "Profile" menu item, as long as "Use integration" is set to yes.

So you are telling me when I turn CBI off I won't see any difference in where the links go?

I did not modify the Kunena menu. It is not sending users to CB with integration turned on in the menu item as well as Kunena config.

More
12 years 3 months ago #19 by GoremanX

prophoto wrote: So you are telling me when I turn CBI off I won't see any difference in where the links go?

I did not modify the Kunena menu. It is not sending users to CB with integration turned on in the menu item as well as Kunena config.

Well yes, you'd see the destination of the links themselves change.

I'm using the exact same setup as you are (same version numbers too), and it works fine on my end. Always has. Short of checking out your site's administration area, I'm not sure how else to shine a light on this issue.

More
12 years 3 months ago #20 by GoremanX
Do you have one (and only one) CB User Profile menu item published and publicly accessible in your menu structure?

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds