Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question CB Profile integration

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #21 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic Re: CB Profile integration
Yesterday I got fed up (as I still am since I couldn't get an answer to "What should change when enabling CB integration?") and changed the kunena menu link to an external link going to the cb user profile menu item. There must be some problem since the menu item does not link to the right place, with or without menu item integration on or kunena integration on.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by prophoto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #22 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: CB Profile integration
That won't solve your issue, because it won't fix the link on member's names in the forum.

You didn't answer my last question:
Do you have one (and only one) CB User Profile menu item published and publicly accessible in your menu structure?

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
12 years 3 months ago #23 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: CB Profile integration
As I wrote earlier, because we can't see for ourselves what's actually occurring on the problem website, we're trying to simulate the same conditions on our own test sites and, I'm sorry to report, we're failing miserably in reproducing the same conditions as prophoto has reported them.

Here is are two screenshot of the settings as I have used them: These settings work for me.

Attachments:

More
12 years 3 months ago #24 by prophoto

GoremanX wrote: That won't solve your issue, because it won't fix the link on member's names in the forum.

Member name links have never been an issue.

GoremanX wrote: You didn't answer my last question:
Do you have one (and only one) CB User Profile menu item published and publicly accessible in your menu structure?

Yes.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #25 by prophoto
I'm still waiting on answer to this question...

prophoto wrote: What should change when enabling CB integration?

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Edited in error - sorry

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #26 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: CB Profile integration
I already answered that as simply and clearly as I can: only the destination of links change when enabling CB profile integration.

If you enable CB avatar integration, then the avatars displayed for each user in the forum are changed to the CB ones.

If you enable CB login integration, then the login form at the top of the forum uses CB to login and register.

Did you disable all Joomla caching while performing these tasks? Joomla caches menu items in a very annoying way, which can cause all kinds of headaches when setting up new menu items.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by GoremanX.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #27 by sozzled
Agree with GoremanX: The links (when a user clicks an avatar or username or the Profile menu item) are the only things that should be affected by enabling CB profile integration. I thought we answered that question. I'm sorry if we didn't make it clear enough.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #28 by andreas.hallberg
It seemes that I have the same problem. The member name links goes to CB Profile but the Kunena Menu link goes to Kunena profile.

As far as I can see I have the same settings as in sozzled's example pics.

BR

Andreas

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #29 by sozzled
G'day, Andreas, and welcome to Kunena.

It might help to see your Kunena configuration report. Sometimes the integration isn't quite as seamless if you leave the settings as "auto detect" and you need to explictly use the "Community Builder" option. Your config. report will show us what you have done. Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #30 by andreas.hallberg
Thanks.

I've tried both "Auto detect" and "CommunityBuilder" without any difference as far as can see.

BR

Andreas

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : mtbtabytemplate | author: MTB Täby | version: 0.5 | creationdate: 2012-01-10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Time to create page: 0.700 seconds