Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Kunena 1.5 to 1.6 Language Conversion Tool

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Matias
I finally got K1.5 to K1.6 language file conversion tool ready for production use.

You can use it either from CLI or from web browser. No parameters are needed, just right files in the right places and write permissions to your language directory.

Here is the directory structure that is needed to make the script to work:
Code:
en-GB/ admin/ en-GB.com_kunena.ini en-GB.com_kunena.install.ini site/ en-GB.com_kunena.ini xx-XX/ kunena.mylanguage.php yy-YY/ kunena.otherlanguage.php

Script will generate the same file structure to your own language as in en-GB.

It will include all the strings from en-GB files:
- Most of your translations will be filled in
- Untranslated entries will be commented out with the English strings in them

Please review all the translations against English strings. We have made a lot of adjustments into them
and this script does not compare content -- it just converts old format into new.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by rinuccio sp
Hmmmm how to use this script? :blush: :blush: :blush:

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hi,

Like has wrote Matias you need to create this directory strucuture at the same level that kunena15to16-langconvert.php :
Code:
en-GB/ admin/ en-GB.com_kunena.ini en-GB.com_kunena.install.ini site/ en-GB.com_kunena.ini

Create a directory for the language that you want convert, by example fr-FR for french and put in this directory the old language file designed for k1.5 :
Code:
fr-FR/ kunena.french.php

Then you have just to launch the kunena15to16-langconvert.php and the conversion will happen

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by etusha
you need LINUX OS :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: etusha

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by rinuccio sp
1.But this I can create this structure in any folder?

2.When the converter tools finished to convert, move the language files in their folders... correct?

3.Every time the version is updated I relaunch the tool to get new items to be converted in my language file? or add them manually?

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by Baze
I've used the conversion tool to create Macedonian language file from my 1.5.12 translation, everything went smooth so in the new file "mk-MK.com_kunena.ini" i assume i should uncomment (remove the ; before the new strings) the new translation lines and that's all right?

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by xillibit

rinuccio sp wrote: 1.But this I can create this structure in any folder?

2.When the converter tools finished to convert, move the language files in their folders... correct?

3.Every time the version is updated I relaunch the tool to get new items to be converted in my language file? or add them manually?

1°) In the same folder where you are put the script kunena15to16-langconvert.php, on the directory fo your server in wamp ...
2°) yes
3°)The script just convert things, so you need to add manually the news strings added in K1.6

Baze wrote: I've used the conversion tool to create Macedonian language file from my 1.5.12 translation, everything went smooth so in the new file "mk-MK.com_kunena.ini" i assume i should uncomment (remove the ; before the new strings) the new translation lines and that's all right?

I don't know why the string are commented :huh:

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by Baze
This is the beginning of mk-MK.com_kunena in the site folder
Code:
; $Id: $ ; License GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt, see LICENSE.php ; Note : All ini files need to be saved as UTF-8 - No BOM ; Using new string format for Joomla 1.6.x ; Translator comments come into here! ;COM_KUNENA_POLL_STATS_NAME="Poll" ;COM_KUNENA_ONLINE="NOW ONLINE" ;COM_KUNENA_OFFLINE="OFFLINE"...

further down it continues with:
Code:
COM_KUNENA_ALL_DISCUSSIONS="Ново на форумот" COM_KUNENA_ANN_ADD="Додади нов" COM_KUNENA_ANN_ANNOUNCEMENTS="Најави"

Since i plan to migrate to kunena 1.6 beta as soon as it's out i plan to finish the language file before so let me know if i'm doing something wrong with uncomenting.. also i'm not sure what should i do with the first line "; $Id: $" should i uncomment it or it part of the comment before the language strings?

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by fxstein
Hi,

Only worry about lines that start with ;COM....

the first couple comments are for the file header and svn info - do not change or edit them.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baze

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by Matias
Script generates 3 files into admin (2) and site (1) folders. It's one time conversion; you cannot use this script to update translation later on -- I would like to create another one for that purpose when I have some time.

Your task is to take those 3 files and finish the translation.

; Translator comments come into here! <- here you can put whatever you want to, like your name, site etc..

After that line you will find the translation itself (COM_KUNENA_*). Lines that are commented out are new lines from Kunena 1.6 and they contain English strings. Your primary task is to translate and uncomment all of those new strings.

They are commented out because it makes it easier to find new lines -- if you have highlighting editor, those lines will have different coloring, which makes them very easy to find.

After you have translated all the new lines, I would take English language file and look at all the translations side by side against English (all the translations should be in the same order). You will probably find better way to translate many strings. :)

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds