Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved How can I change category and topic icons in Kunena 4.0.7 ??

More
8 years 3 months ago #11 by 810

loppan wrote:

810 wrote: there is a bug in kunena, you see the icon type from the last category.

but if you use just 1 topic icon set for all, then this looks like cache.

So try to clean cache.

Thanks 810,

I am indeed using ony 1 topic icon set for all categories, but unfortunately, it did not help to clear the cache :unsure:.

I have searched in all kunena files after a reference to "fa-file" but cannot find it anywhere. So I really don't know where to go from here :ohmy:.

"fa-" is default fontawesome reference, so hardcoded in the core. Then he loads the name: newspaper-o

have you a link for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #12 by loppan

have you a link for me.

Yes of course,

www.crashdiet.org/kunena.html

Every forum category have the default setting for topic icons :

And I have changed some icons in media/kunena/topic_icons/default/topicicons.xml

The new icon shows when I create new threads or moderate current ones, but as you can see, the old threads still have the default "file" icon :

www.crashdiet.org/forum/news-from-the-gu...crashdet-topics.html

Very curious of your expertise here :).

Thank you!

Cheers
Attachments:

More
8 years 3 months ago #13 by 810
and what are the options on edit crypsis template. Is the option on Topic Icons= Fontawesome?

More
8 years 3 months ago #14 by loppan

810 wrote: and what are the options on edit crypsis template. Is the option on Topic Icons= Fontawesome?

Yes, Topic Icons = Fontawesome, and "Load External CDN Fontawesome" is "No" because I'm already loading it in my template... setting it to "Yes" does not help :/.

More
8 years 3 months ago #15 by 810
and what is the option at configuration - frontend - Selectable Topic Icons = Yes?

More
8 years 3 months ago #16 by 810
or try this:

libraries / kunena / template / template.php line 977

change:
Code:
$icon = 'file';
to:
Code:
$icon = 'newspaper-o';
The following user(s) said Thank You: loppan

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #17 by loppan

810 wrote: or try this:

libraries / kunena / template / template.php line 977

change:

Code:
$icon = 'file';
to:
Code:
$icon = 'newspaper-o';

Wow! So glad to find out where to change this :). Now the icon I put there is shown by default in every category.

Wouldn't we want to change this behaviour, so it picks the icon from my icon-set xml file for each category instead?

810 wrote: and what is the option at configuration - frontend - Selectable Topic Icons = Yes?

Wow (again), couldn't find this setting before, so far I've removed some code from "crypsis//layouts/topic/edit/default.php" whenever I don't want to show the topic icons. Good to know there is a simple switch for it :). Either way, it's set to yes.

So, here's where we are :

1. When writing a new topic - or modifying a current topic - the topic icons that I have defined in "media/kunena/topic_icons/default/topicicons.xml" are showing, just like they should.
2. Old topics still pick there icon from libraries/kunena/template/template.php "$icon = 'file';"
(btw, it was line 949 here at my end - don't know if it makes a difference...)

Do we have a simple fix for having Kunena listen to the xml-file at all times instead? It would obviously be nice to be able to display different topic icons in different categories, even for older threads :).

Many thanks for your help 810, truly appreciate it!

Best

Peter
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by loppan.

More
8 years 3 months ago #18 by 810
I will change the code for K5.0, so you need to wait for it. Best for now just change the code, until its fixed.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #19 by ventluc

ventluc wrote:

810 wrote: for Categories (only crypsis):
- open the category manager - edit category - enter css class for icon

Can you explain me better? I mean:

1) If I have understood well do I need to create a new css class for icon? Am i right? If yes, in which file must I put the new css class? How can I set the new css class in the category manager? Where can I find the default css class so that I can modify it?
2) How can I change category icons for Blue Eagle template?

810 wrote: for topic icons:
- open the category manager - edit category - edit topic icons*
*icons + xml should be in media\kunena\topic_icons\your_custom

A question: in the category manager I haven't a section for the topic icons!!! Which section do you refer to?

Thanks a lot,

Luca

CAN SOMEONE REPLY TO MY QUESTIONS ABOVE, PLEASE? I NEED AN ANSWER FOR EACH OF THEM THAT SHOWS ME A SOLUTION THAT WORKS!!! IT IS INCREDIBILE THAT SUPPORT TEAM OF KUNENA DIDN'T WRITE A MANUAL TO MODIFY CATEGORY'S ICONS AND TOPIC'S ICONS!!! :( I NEED A GUIDE STEP BY STEP....(in particular for Blue Eagle template, given that all posts in this forum don't speak about it!). THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!!! p.s I read all the posts but they didn't solve my problems!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ventluc.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #20 by rich
It's a old tutorial but it still works with Blue Eagle. The only difference is that the image *_notlogin.gif is no longer needed.

If you are using a Joomla template which supported bootstrap icons, is it even easier.

Here a example with template Protostar and Crypsis.
Enter the name of icon in the category manager such as icon-home, icon-trash etc.. That's all.

Here is a list with this icons.

The same works also with Blue Eagle but it needs a little CSS customization.
Go in backend to "Kunena -> Templats -> mark Blue Eagle -> Edit CSS -> custom.css -> Edit CSS" and enter this codes:

Code:
#Kunena .icon-big { color: #5388b4; margin-right: 15px; } #Kunena .icon-knewchar, #Kunena .knewchar { color: #090 !important; }

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds