Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

Question How can I change category and topic icons in Kunena 4.0.7 ??

More
4 years 5 months ago #21 by ventluc
Sorry, but I think you didn't understood my problem! I would like:

a) to create my own icon and associate it to a category: that is to say, for example, that I want to create a .png or jpg icon (for example: heart.png - 32x32 px) and associate it to the category "Love" in my forum (that uses Blue Eagle template);
b) I would like to do the same thing described above for each topic;

I WOULDN'T LIKE TO USE PREDEFINED ICONS OF KUNENA. So what you told me makes no sense! In fact:

a) You told me "Enter the name of icon in the category manager such as icon-home, icon-trash etc..": what does it mean? Is the "name of icon" that you refers to the name of the file of the icon without extension (for example if I have heart.png I should insert "heart" in that field??) ??? If not, how can I associate the name of my icon to its file (eg. "heart" (or I can choose also "love" for the name of the icon) to heart.png)?
b) In the case of "Blue Eagle template" you told me that I must modify the custom.css: but where must I insert the name of the image file of the icon (eg. heart.png)? And where must I put the name of the icon associated to heart.png?
c) How can I do the same thing for the topics of each category? I mean: if I would associate my own icons to topics of a particular category of the forum which steps should I follow? You didn't talk about this in your post... :-(

Thanks a lot.

Luca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #22 by rich

Sorry, but I think you didn't understood my problem! I would like:

a) to create my own icon and associate it to a category: that is to say, for example, that I want to create a .png or jpg icon (for example: heart.png - 32x32 px) and associate it to the category "Love" in my forum (that uses Blue Eagle template);

I WOULDN'T LIKE TO USE PREDEFINED ICONS OF KUNENA. So what you told me makes no sense!

rich wrote: It's a old tutorial but it still works with Blue Eagle. The only difference is that the image *_notlogin.gif is no longer needed.

Here with more details the same in German language: www.kunena.org/forum/36-German/125164-ge...orien-aendern#134091

in my forum (that uses Blue Eagle template)

a) to create my own icon and associate it to a category

I'm sorry, I know no way.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by rich.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #23 by ventluc
Ok rich...thanks anyway for you feedback but I need to know an answer to my questions in italian or english language ;) Can someone else answer to my questions please?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by ventluc.

More
4 years 5 months ago #24 by rich

I need to know an answer to my questions in italian or english language

a) to create my own icon and associate it to a category

rich wrote: It's a old tutorial but it still works with Blue Eagle. The only difference is that the image *_notlogin.gif is no longer needed.

This is in English language and it works with Blue Eagle.

That's not possible. You can replace the existing topic icons, but these are selectable for topics in all categories.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds