Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Can't log into Kunena

More
1 year 1 month ago #1 by OldCharlie
I'm again unable to log in to Kunena and make changes.   I can log into Joomla, and access the Dashboard, but I want to add a topic so have to log into the front end.   I made a video showing the problem.     3-3-2023 Unable to login to make changes to Kunena.

I followed the instructions from the archived topic with the link below where I give the configuration file.   Do you need another configuration file?
I want you to know that I had an archived "solved" topic that worked but now it doesn't.   It's here:  Unable to login to Kunena - Kunena - Kunena - To Speak! Next Generation Forum Component for Joomla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #2 by OldCharlie
Replied by OldCharlie on topic Can't log into Kunena
 I'm again unable to log in to Kunena and make changes.   I can log into Joomla, and access the Dashboard, but I want to add a topic so have to log into the front end.   I made a video showing the problem.     3-3-2023 Unable to login to make changes to Kunena.

I followed the instructions from the archived topic with the link below where I give the configuration file.   Do you need another configuration file?
I want you to know that I had an archived "solved" topic that worked but now it doesn't.   It's here:  Unable to login to Kunena - Kunena - Kunena - To Speak! Next Generation Forum Component for Joomla

Configuration file is attached.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.9 | creationdate: 2022-06-08

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.9 | 2022-06-08 [ Catraia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.2.2

Modules: None

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by rich.

More
1 year 1 month ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Can't log into Kunena
Delete the menu items marked in red, they are not correct.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #4 by OldCharlie
I checked on my Kunena Menus and the menus 195 and 196 are not present and were not when I first opened this topic.        So I just made another configuration report from Kunena"

Here is a video:   Do not have the menus you want me to delete.

Is there anything else that could be preventing me from logging into Kunena/

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.9 | creationdate: 2022-06-08

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.9 | 2022-06-08 [ Catraia ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.2.2

Modules: None

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by OldCharlie. Reason: Forgot to add link to a video showing I don't have the menus moderator wants me to remove.

More
1 year 1 month ago #5 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Can't log into Kunena
hello have you also tried the Synchronize Users with Kunena tools .
And also checked whether there are no errors in Kunena tools Diagnostics?
And as for that kunena menu, take a look
whether nothing is in the trash or disabled with the search tool button

L.v.d.A

More
1 year 1 month ago #6 by rich

Here is a video:   Do not have the menus you want me to delete.

One of these menu items is at the top of your main menu, the other menu item is in the trash of the main menu. You may not use Kunena menu items in other menus.
Menu Issues  
Menu Tips

More
1 year 1 month ago #7 by OldCharlie
Hi, I have made a video showing I did your checks. I still cannot add any topics or log in the backend of Kunena.

See

billcory-pictures.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws...nena/brickKunena.mp4

More
1 year 1 month ago #8 by OldCharlie
Maybe I should brick or delete Kunena from Joomla and start over, I'm currently using Joomla 3.10 and need to upgrade to Joomla 4.x.x So is there anyway to salvage some of the Kunena site? My plan is to update Joomla then reinstall Kunena's latest version. While doing so I will probably delete Kunena. Maybe I should delete Kunena now and first upgrade Joomla then reinstall and start all over again? I don't have much faith in Kunena and maybe should search for a different Forum software.

More
1 year 1 month ago #9 by rich

I don't have much faith in Kunena and maybe should search for a different Forum software.

You have to decide that for yourself. Just so, the errors were not produced by Kunena because it does not create wrong menu items in other menus.

Maybe I should brick or delete Kunena from Joomla and start over, I'm currently using Joomla 3.10 and need to upgrade to Joomla 4.x.x So is there anyway to salvage some of the Kunena site?

Kunena is easy to migrate, but you have to follow the steps exactly, otherwise you will have problems again. docs.kunena.org/en/basics/upgrade/upgrade-k6-0

Time to create page: 0.633 seconds