Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Shows only my own posts when logged in

More
11 years 9 months ago #11 by xpatman
I have three different sites using Kunena 2.0.1 on joomla 2.5 and yes ALL display OWN posts
One was a migrated site but the others are new setups

My configuration report was in post #10

I hope you guys sort this soon as having three sites without this module is a pain, as no-one has another version that can be used.

Another small point is that now addon templates (dark) have to be brought
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12 by sozzled
xpatman: I visited the site referred to in your config. report and I cannot see where the Kunena Latest module is. Further, because you've put your forum offline, I don't particularly want to spend 30 minutes sitting at my desk going through each of your 200 (or so) Kunena configuration settings hoping to discover what you may have changed that affects this case.

My suggestion is to reset your Kunena configuration settings to their original default values and see if this fixes your problem. This may not work; I don't know. We don't have the problem here at this website, so I don't quite know why your site should be different.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #13 by xpatman
Hi
I did reset the Kunena configuration settings to their original default values on one of my sites and YES it showed latest posts BUT as soon as I logged in it changed to MY postings

I did say the site forum was off line BUT I am more then willing to give you superadmin to any of my four sites and as you can see from this thread I am not the only one

This message contains confidential information

James
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka. Reason: changed [hide] to [confidential] for email

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #14 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: I don't know the answer in your case because, as you can see here at www.kunena.org , we use the Kunena Latest module too and we don't have a problem here, do we? Therefore, we need to know what you've done that is different.

This is a screenshot taken (a few moments ago) from the front page of this website here at www.kunena.org :

As you see, there are two posts on that list that are not "my" posts.

These are the module settings use at this website:

Have you changed any Joomla access permissions to that module? Maybe that's what causing the problem?

EDIT: We have changed the Time Period setting from what you see above. We now use Time Period = 24 hours
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago #15 by manild
I've tried setting the module output to own posts, just to see what happened and it looks like it behaves as recent posts?!

Something switched around in the code, perhaps?

Anyway, a possible workaround could be setting the module output to own posts :-)

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #16 by xpatman
Hi

How strange... I tried your idea and changed around these settings and YES it works.

Maybe you should get a job at Kunena as you can fix their products

While I was in the module I also tried other settings =
Time Period - one week = FINE
Time Period - one year = NOTHING

Maximum Avatar Width was sett to 200px yet the Avatar was so small but when changed down to 40px it shows a bigger Avatar

I think the errors are something to do with saving the old config settings but they are not updated with the new installation of the module

Maybe the TOTAL removal of the module then trying a fresh installation will make it work as is should

Cheers
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by xpatman.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #17 by tonyworship

How strange... I tried your idea and changed around these settings and YES it works.

No, it doesn't work, it seems like it works as it displays correctly when logged in but when you are a guest and not logged in, it displays nothing!

I have the same issue with "Module Kunena Latest" module. I have updated to the newest forum last night and the newest "Module Kunena Latest"... please see pics below:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic3

My Forum Config:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : gk_game_magazine | author: GavickPro | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 18 Nov 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1

any ideas?

thanks
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by tonyworship.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #18 by dankbeme
I am having this same issue along with a few other twists.

website in question: www.velobuild.com

1) Yes, ONLY my own posts show up when I am logged in. The same for other test accounts I have set up. When logged OUT all posts show.
2) The "Topics" headers show up no matter which setting I change in the module back-end.
3) The "Posts" text is not linked as before.
4) I only wish the newest "Posts" to show as I had in version 1.7.2 No "Topics" headers.
5) Tool tips only display the Topic Title where before it was a preview of the post text.
6) Why is it the most popular mod on my website is the one that will not work as I wish? ;)

Steps taken:
Uninstall and re-install module.
Cleaned caches - turn off cache
Change every parameter in every configuration possible.
Installed a new template.
Updated everything in my system except for Phoca Adsense 1.6

My latest settings for the Latest Module:

Front Page when Logged in:

Front Page when logged OUT:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_kirigami | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.1 | creationdate: August 3, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.4.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.1 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1 | Kunena Stats 2.0.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.1 | Kunena Search 2.0.1

Thank you for your time and knowledge.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by dankbeme.

More
11 years 8 months ago #19 by jagaa666
Yes, i have same problem. But i found one solution.

My solution:
1. Open file: /components/com_kunena/models/topics.php
2. Goto 37 row: $userid = $this->getInt ( 'userid', -1 );
3. Change it: $userid = $this->getInt ( 'userid', 0 );

Now you see all latest posts..

Sincerely Jargal.T from Mongolia

More
11 years 8 months ago #20 by pequeno74
Hello, i have the same problem in two sites, only show my posts when login.

Any solution?

Time to create page: 0.622 seconds