Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 2.0.

[If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Kunena Discuss not showing on articles ... only blog pages and front page.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #21 by Phoenix
OK ... I solved the mystery ... and I think I'm officially an idiot.

I have a stuck key on my keyboard and I had to recently transpose the 6 and the t and I had mistakenly typed in the pw in your account with a t. My fingers aren't used to the switch yet.

I think I must be getting blurry eyed with some long hours.

Phoenix
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Phoenix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #22 by sozzled
Made a few changes to your Kunena Discuss plugin settings. Seems to work all right for me now. Check it out for yourself.

You over-comepensated a few things and you did not follow the "quick and dirty" guide. So I simply applied the general rule of thumb and I think it's all working for you.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #23 by Phoenix
Hi Sozzled,

Thanks for your efforts ... I grateful for the time you took (and still a little amazed that I didn't immediately realize why you were having trouble logging in when I type several dozen lengthy posts a day on my own forum with the same "odd" keyboard I have for the moment).

Unfortunately ... the original "symptoms" are still there. Kunena Discuss is only working on the front page and on the blog pages but doesn't show up at all on any of the other pages in the menu (I cleared the site cache and my browser cache to make sure this wasn't the reason why).

This message contains confidential information

Very strange.

Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #24 by sozzled
This is really strange! :ohmy:

I conducted several tests on a test site of mine (admittedly I was using K 3.0, but that should not have mattered) with Kunena Discuss 2.0.4 configured exactly the same way as we have configured on your website.

Just as you did, I constructed a menu item to display a single article and then I visited the article. In my case, however, visiting the article created a topic on the forum.

In your case, however, visiting those pages where you are display a single, discrete article does not create a topic on the forum! Furthermore, when I enabled the "debug" option in Kunena Discuss, visiting these articles indicates that the Kunena Discuss plugin operates but I can't see why no forum topic is created. Truly bizarre.

I notice that, at one time, you were using the K2 component (I am not referring to Kunena). As we know, K2-written articles do not integrate with Kunena Discuss. This may or may not have any bearing on the situation, but I mention it for the sake of my colleagues whom I have asked to help us with this matter.

To me it seems as though there is something on your site we haven't yet factored in. Caching may have a bearing, a corrupted installation of Kunena Discuss, or maybe it's something screwed up in the K 2.0.4 component itself? Why it is that Kunena Discuss works in my [test] case and why it does not work in your case is mystifying. I've asked my colleagues to investigate this matter and I will inform them of what I know about the case. I'd ask you to sit tight for a day or two to allow us time to consider the possibilities and we will be back in contact with you as soon as we can.

Thank you for providing me with an entertaining puzzle but I completely sympathise with you that this issue is important to you and your business. We will do our best.

Cheers :)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #25 by Phoenix
Hi Sozzled,

I was considering using K2 early in the game (before I published my site) and wrote many of my original articles in it but quickly realized that it didn't operate with Kunena discuss which was an important key to what I wanted to accomplish over time with my site and changed everything back (export and import with mapping because there was no easy way to do this at the time) into Joomla versions for that very reason (and others as well that made me uncomfortable with K2). The symptoms are the same for articles that never "touched" K2 though.

I should also mention that Discuss was working perfectly with earlier versions of the site (J1.5 and Kunena prior to 2.0).

Caching may have a bearing, a corrupted installation of Kunena Discuss, or maybe it's something screwed up in the K 2.0.4 component itself?

I can try re-installing K Discuss but it has been the same with several new installations in various versions I have built over time as I was working on my migration from J1.5 to J2.5. I can also try disabling the J caches but the symptoms were also there before I started to use them.

I keep thinking that it must be something obvious that I have overlooked but I certainly can't find it. The strange thing as you mentioned is that the Discuss component seems to be functioning based on what little I can interpret of the debug information but it's not displaying what it's supposed to. The articles that already have forum topics created from past versions also aren't recognizing them or linking to them (even if I map to them directly) although they still exist in the forum.

I'd ask you to sit tight for a day or two to allow us time to consider the possibilities and we will be back in contact with you as soon as we can.

No problem. It's not an urgent matter for now although it is part of future development ideas for the site I'm working on. I could probably live with Discuss only working on blog pages but I would have to "accommodate" this in some of the plans I have in a different way ... and it would be nice to know what was happening as well because others may also encounter this on their own sites.

Thank you very much for your help.

Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #26 by Matias
If you change the template to Beez 5 or Beez 2, the feature will work. So the issue is basically in your template. After some quick investigation I found out that we are using afterDisplayContent event, which gave me some hints on what was going on.

Joomla default template has the following line:

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/2.5.x/...mpl/default.php#L218

It must be missing from your template.

You can quickly fix your issue by adding the highlighted line to your template file:

JOOMLA/template/jbcultivate/html/com_contents/article/default.php

Just in case you missed what line I'm talking of, here it is:
Code:
<?php echo $this->item->event->afterDisplayContent; ?>
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #27 by Phoenix
Hi Matias,

You are officially a genius ... problem solved :)

It doesn't pick up the topics that were created previously but that's easy to resolve either with mapping or by merging the previous topic into the new one it now creates.

Thank you so much (and Sozzled as well) for your "above and beyond" assistance.

This message contains confidential information

Phoenix

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds