Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 2.0.

[If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Kunena Discuss not showing on articles ... only blog pages and front page.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11 by Phoenix
Sozzled,

You are not looking at what I have posted for some reason.

I repeat ... ID #2 is the general mattresses category which has always been published and still is published. Can you not see this from what I have posted ... it's right there in front of you.

Not only that ... but now category #4 which you are claiming is the reason for the issues (which it isn't) is also published and it still isn't functioning.

Kunena discuss is set to go into category #2 (I repeat category #2 which is a published category and has been for 2 years). How do you think the comments are showing up in the blog pages and front page (which are functioning) if what you are suggesting is correct. It's only on the articles pages that it isn't showing up. This is also the same way it has been set up for 2 years.

Would you please read what I have posted and look at the images so you will see that what you are saying isn't correct.

I repeat ... category #2 is the general mattresses forum and it is published and functioning (it has dozens of posts every day)and this is the one that Kunena Discuss is set to post to.

I understand if you don't wish to help ... that is your right and the help here is given generously and for free so nobody has the right to question someone who decides not to for any reason ... but it would be nice if at least the reason you were giving was legitimate or accurate.

Phoenix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #12 by sozzled
You are right. I was not looking in the right place. My apologies. :blush:

I know it's something really easy but it has me stumped as to what is the issue.

I'm still trying to figure out why your Index page looks different to what I am expecting to see. I think the solution lies in how you've defined your Kunena menu.

Can we try trashing your current Kunena menu and use a standard default Kunena menu instead? (Let's take this one step at a time) The article Kunena Menu issues will help you to do this.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #13 by sozzled
Ah! I see the issue.

The menu item (ID=600) is pointing directly at the category "General Mattresses" (this explains why the Index page is a bit strange to me) - this is non-standard (even though it may work and it may not have any bearing on the situation)

Another thing you may like to do is to set up a test account. Post the information about the test account in here as
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[/confidential]
... and then one of us (who are moderators here, who can see what's hidden with the confidential BBcode) can login to your forum, attempt to post a comment on an article, and see why things are not working for you.

One other tip I can suggest is for you to read (and apply) the information in Kunena Discuss "quick and dirty" instructions for use
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #14 by Phoenix
Hi sozzled,

Thank you ... and I apologize for the curtness of my previous reply.

I deleted the members only forum just to make sure that it wasn't an issue and the "symptoms" are the same.

The index menu item (ID #601) page is set for "show category" and is linked to "general mattresses" because I only use one category and this way the members go right to the listing of the posts rather than only seeing the single category. I found that there are less google bounces that way because they can scan the forum titles to see some of the available content and the activity of the forum.

The main menu link (ID #600) as you mentioned uses index as the default view so it shows the same view as index.

I have trashed and burned the menu on several occasions and it takes some time on a live site to get it back the way I like it afterwards so I will set up a test site on a subdirectory later tonight and change the menu defaults (so that two menu items aren't showing the same view) to see if that makes a difference. I'll also try a more "standard" menu to see if that makes a difference.

I'll also post the login information here so that you can take a look if the symptoms persist.

I read the link you posted about Discuss "quick and dirty" instructions for use before I posted but couldn't find an answer there. I also tried listing categories specifically in allowed categories (instead of using 0 for "all") and tried category mapping on a per article basis directly into the forum but none of these had any effect on the article pages. The thing that seems so strange to me is that the blog pages and the front page featured articles are working perfectly (I just tested them).

Thank you again ... and sorry for any misunderstanding ... and my frustrations.

Phoenix
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Phoenix.

More
10 years 11 months ago #15 by Phoenix
I thought I would mention one other anomaly that is probably related to all of this.

If I try to map an article directly to a pre-existing topic that was created in the forum from the article in previous versions of Kunena Discuss like this {kunena_discuss:12569} or use this method to exclude an article from discussion ... the coding itself shows up in the article for both guests and logged in users but there is still no reply mechanism (either a link or a reply window depending on the setting) showing up for logged in users.

Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #16 by Phoenix
Hi Sozzled,

I've set up a test site with a separate database that is a duplicate of the main site and did a trash and rebuild of the Kunena menu and left everything with the default settings. The symptoms are the same as before (Kunena Discuss links or reply windows showing up on the front page and blog pages but not on articles).

I also set up an Admin user account for you. If you can figure out what is happening it would be great.

Any changes you make there are fine with me.

This message contains confidential information

Thank you!

Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago #17 by sozzled

More
10 years 11 months ago #18 by Phoenix
HiZozzled,

I'm not sure what I did but I must have written down the PW wrong.

I changed it to the one that is listed (and tested it). Sorry.

Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago #19 by sozzled
I just tried it again and I got "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet."

I suggest you try it again.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #20 by Phoenix
Hi Sozzled,

That's very strange. I logged in twice each to the front and back end by typing the username and PW in manually. It worked all 4 times. Then I tried again by copying and pasting the username and PW from my post and it failed. I tried with pasting one and manually typing the other and discovered that I could copy and paste in the username but not the PW. Do the confidential tags somehow alter the PW?

The PW in the post was showing correctly but just to make sure I wasn't going blind I edited the post and put the correct password inside the tags again but the same thing still happens if I copy and paste it when I try to log in.

Could you try typing in the PW manually?

Phoenix

Mystery is solved in the next post ... and it works fine now :blush:

Time to create page: 1.127 seconds