Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 2.0.

[If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Kunena Discuss not showing on articles ... only blog pages and front page.

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by Phoenix
Hello,

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jbcultivate | author: Anthony Olsen | version: 1.1.5 | creationdate: June, 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4 | Kunena Stats 2.0.4 | Kunena Login 2.0.4 | Kunena Search 2.0.4

A screen shot of my settings ...

Here is a copy of the debug messages on an article page ...

[KunenaDiscuss debug: Constructor called in com_content ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Allow: Category 12 was listed in allow list and is using default Kunena category 2 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in article/ page. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 508 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Custom Topics disabled ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: No topic found ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Displaying form ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showTopic: No messages to render ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 508 ]

None of the settings show anything no matter what I change ... either a comments form or a link or any previous comments. This is an article that already has a forum thread that was started from a pre-migration version of J1.5 and Kunena.

Just to be clear ... none of the articles on the site show anything whether they had a topic or not previously ... only the front page and the blog page.

Am I missing something?

Phoenix
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The problem i think is the setting Create topic on= First reply, it doesn't work like it should actually, so try with Create topic on=First visit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by Phoenix
Hi xillibit,

When I changed the setting to "first visit" there were still no links or reply forms on any of the article pages on the site and when I went to visit the page either logged in with an admin account, a registered user test account or not logged in at all there was no topic created in the forum on a visit.

Very odd ... only the blog pages and front page (which has 2 featured articles on it) have a link that says "Discuss this article in the forums (# replies)" but there is no link or reply form on any pages with a single article.

I also checked some of the pages that already have a topic in the forum from when I was using J1.5 and these also don't show anything.

Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
What/where is Kunena category #2 on your site? When I visit your site, I see only one category called "General Mattresses". Is this category #2?

There is something missing here - there is some other information I'm not getting by looking at your site.

It would help if you gave us a screen dump of your Kunena Category Manager page.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #5 by Phoenix
Hi sozzled,

Yes ... general mattresses is category #2. I only have one section and one published category

Screen dump is here ...

Phoenix
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Phoenix.

More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
So, what you are telling us is that the discussions ONLY happen in a "members only" unpublished category?

Publish the category. See if it makes a difference ;)

More
10 years 11 months ago #7 by Phoenix
Hi sozzled,

No ... discussions only happen in the general mattresses category (#2). The members only category is for future use and has never been published or used. It's category #4.

I published it just in case it would somehow make a difference ... but it didn't.

Phoenix

More
10 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
Your members only category is not published. When you have published that category, and I can access it, I will look again.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #9 by Phoenix
Hi sozzled,

I'm not clear why you want to access it. It has never been published in the over two years the site has been active. It was set up to be a restricted forum for future authors on the site when I set up blog pages for some of the manufacturing members of the site.

In any case ... I've published it and here is a screen shot of the category list after it is published ...

and here is a screen shot of the empty forum category itself ...

The category and the empty forum is only visible to forum members who are logged in and who are authors and above.

Did you need me to set you up with a username with an author's ranking so you can log in and see the screenshots on the live site?

Phoenix
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Phoenix.

More
10 years 11 months ago #10 by sozzled
You have setup Kunena Discuss to push discussions from your Joomla articles into your Kunena forum category ID=2. You have not published this category and that is why things are not working on your website.

If you do not want to make any changes, that's fine, but that's why things are not working and (I'm sorry) we cannot help you further.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds