Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Add File not working with Firefox 18+

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #31 by dumbterminal
thanx updated the mootools.js as advised in previous posts but didnt work,

added the below code but to no avail with FF 19.0.2

String.prototype.contains = function(string, separator){

return (separator) ? (separator + this + separator).indexOf(separator + string + separator) > -1 : String(this).indexOf(string) > -1;

};
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by dumbterminal.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #32 by sozzled
Did you also follow the instructions in msg #11 (written by Shimei) in this topic?
More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #33 by rich
Please try it with this file. On my test page, it works also with Firefox 19.0.2

www.kunena.org/forum/36-German/126364-bi...t-es?start=10#140117
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by rich. Reason: link corrected
More
11 years 6 days ago #34 by Bob Britt

Shimei wrote: There are two things that I have done to rectify this issue.

Hope this helps!

Sure did, thanks!
More
11 years 5 days ago #35 by pendley
thanks pointing out that feature.. that pop up is awesome. is there a way to make mp3s play and preview same way.
More
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 3 days ago #36 by kallle
Hello,

I've installed Kunena 2.0.4 under Joomla 1.5.26.
Almost all functions are ready. But when I try to upload an attachment (file or image), I get the "Search-Dialog" but after choosing a file and using the OK-Button there is no filename to see in the Attachments-Field.
(Settings to allow upload are made: files up to 10 MB and images up to 2 MB. Right file-extensions are set too.)

Is this a generell problem under Joomla 1.5.26 or what can be the reason? (Same behaviour under installation on webserver or local installation on xampp.

What can I do?

THX and regards
kallle
Last edit: 11 years 3 days ago by kallle.
More
11 years 5 days ago #37 by sozzled
This could possibly be a Javascript-related issue, given that J! 1.5.26 is hardly "optimised" for the latest browsers. You may find this topic helpful to you Add File not working with Firefox 18+

This will be a fairly common condition for those people who are left behind with J! 1.5, I would imagine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kallle
More
11 years 4 days ago - 11 years 4 days ago #38 by kallle
Thank you very much for your hint, sozzled!

Just I've tested the newest versions of: Firefox 20, IE 10, Safari 5.1.7, Google Chrome 26 and Opera 12.
Only the Firefox isn't able to handle the Kunena attachments!
All other browsers have not any problems with the upload-function!

So I think, that Firefox isn't any longer the "great star" under the browsers: While IE slowly is on the way to be better, FF is on the other way.

But - :) - there is a simple solution for the Firefox-Kunena-Joomla-1.5-problem:
After installation of the plugin "new_mootools_1.5.1" Firefox is able to upload the attachments too! I'm happy :woohoo:

I understand your opinion of the J! 1.5-version. But I'm not able to force my customer to pay again a lot of money for his very complex website after only 2 years of using on J! 1.5. The change from 1.5 to 2.5 in this special case is the same as to build new the whole site: 4 - 5 weeks of manpower! Besides: For 2.5 there are no follower of a very important component on this site.
So I build a wall of some different security-systems "around J! 1.5" to use it 5 - 6 years. That's the time, I think a customer should be ready to pay some thousands of Euro for a new website again.

Kind regards
kalle
Last edit: 11 years 4 days ago by kallle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daviddd
More
11 years 4 days ago #39 by sozzled
More
10 years 10 months ago #40 by daviddd
Dear Kallle,

I'm in your situation.
J 1.5.26 + Kunena (2.0.2)
The customers won't a system update.
Where did you find the Joomla! plugin "new_mootools_1.5.1"?
When you updated did you have problems?

Thanks!

D
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds