Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged I see the message "Loading BBCode editor..."

More
11 years 7 months ago #21 by sozzled
Please read again what I have written:

sozzled wrote: The problem of failing to load the BBcode editor is caused by conflicting Javacript libraries installed on your site. Without knowing more about your unique environment we can only offer a general guide as to where you should begin your investigation of the problem.

The topics we have mentioned before in this discussion should give you some help. If you would like more "dedicated" (i.e. "one-on-one") help, please let us know. Please be aware that this kind of personal service outside the community-driven self-help nature of the forum is a premium service that may attract a small service charge.

Would you like someone to spend however long it may take to identify the conflicting Javascript library issue on a pay-per-hour basis?

As a general guide, after you have identified what is causing the problem, you may need to decide whether the conflicting is more important to you than Kunena and you may need to uninstall (or disable) the conflicting software. However, as I wrote earlier, we do not know anything about your site, what software you are using and therefore what is actually causing the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: viking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #22 by viking
Thank you again.
Ok with "pay-per-hour".
What's next? (Sorry but I'm newbie here).

I already created you a superuser on my web site.
Best

More
11 years 7 months ago #23 by viking
Hello, any news on my post ("... Ok with "pay-per-hour"...")? Thank you.

More
11 years 7 months ago #24 by cocali
Please help with an answer.

Thank you. :ohmy:

More
11 years 7 months ago #25 by sozzled
viking: I am in contact with people now who do this kind of work; I hope to have someone contact you soon directly by email to arrange for the work to begin. I could probably do this work for you, myself, but even though I could probably do this it would take me three times longer than others I know who does this kind of thing every day. Therefore, I am trying to get the best, most cost-effective solution for you that I can. Please try to be a little patient.

It's curious that, in your case, the misbehaviour curiously only occurs when your site is "online"; there is no problem, you say, when the site is offline. Thus, the challenge is to determine what behaviours occur differently. We really do not know anything about your website; we do not know its address, what version of Joomla you are using, what hosting platform you're running, what site template you're using, what Kunena template you're using, etc. The only thing we can say, with absolute certainty, is that past reports about "Loading BBCode editor..." have followed a consisten pattern of behaviour. This issue does not arise with the current version of Kunena, using the K 2.0 Blue Eagle template, where you have no additional software that hinders the normal operation of the Joomla Mootools Javascript library; the issue can arise if any of these conditions is not met.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #26 by sozzled
cocali: Please read this entire topic. Although you may have the same symptoms of the problem, the specific cause will be unique in every case. Please read what I wrote to viking. Please remember that this is a community self-help forum: if people want help then it would be a good idea to include information that will help others to give them that help. I suggest you read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

Thank you :)
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cocali, Never-in-Doubt

More
11 years 7 months ago #27 by viking
Sorry if it seams like a hurry request, may be because I'm newbie here and I do not know all the house rules. I'll be more patient the next time.

"Thus, the challenge is to determine what behaviours occur differently"
Yes your right and, believe me, I'struggled (enabling/disabling/uninstalling modules/plugs) like a nuts, trying to understand the problem, before posting on here.

Look forward, but patient :) for your feedback.

Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: cocali

More
11 years 7 months ago #28 by pistre
Replied by pistre on topic BBcode editor don't load
Hi,

after i upgraded to 2.0, my bbcode editor don't load when trying to add new topic. Where it supposed to be, it only says: "Loading BBCode editor...".

In Kunena settings, everything seems to be normal. What could the problem be? Any hints that might be put me in the right direction.

Thanks

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #29 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, pistre, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question has been asked before in this topic and there are many useful suggestions that will help. The reason a number of people have not received a rapid response to their specific problems is because they did not provide information that would help us to help them. The good news is that it's not all that difficult to solve this problem.

I suggest that you read the FAQs page which may help you to understand some things that you need to do.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #30 by viking
Evrica!!!!

Making disable the following plugin System - Yt Plugin(for Yt Framework)
the issue were completely solved.

Thank you for your support anyway .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Never-in-Doubt

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds