Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Filenames are been renamed when uploading jpg images in Firefox and Safari

More
14 years 1 month ago #131065 by sozzled
I suggest you look at the video (link is in The Kunena Menu in the Wiki) to see how to restore/setup your Kunena menu properly).

I think I've tried my best to explain the way things work and why the apparent "randomness" that you seem to see). We may have to take this issue "offline" and work together on it. If that idea appeals to you, send me a PM and we can take matters further in another way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #131088 by twilliams81
It's actually not random sozzled. I have found that it only happens when using firefox or safari AND it only affects .jpg files. I haven't tried it in IE so it may or may not happen in that browser. It doesn't happen in chrome unless I try to alter the code that shows in the post when i click insert.

If we upload .png files in either of these browsers the issue doesn't occur.I'm not sure about other file types yet but I know this is happening each time in firefox and safari if the user is uploading a jpg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #131091 by sozzled
The first message posted in this topic is a .JPG.

I have tested posting .JPG images on two sites (one running J! 1.5 and the other running J! 2.5) and I cannot reproduce this problem.

I'm not saying that the issue doesn't arise, I'm just trying to figure a way to reproduce the symptoms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #131096 by twilliams81
Yes it works correctly on this forum that's why I am perplexed that it doesn't work on ours. If you login at www.scrapbooknewsandreview.com and post an image in the forum using firefox or safari you will be able to reproduce it that way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #131101 by sozzled
We do not register ourselves on other people's websites. If you have a test account, you can post the details here so that only you and the forum moderators will see the details. You can use the confidential BBcode tag like this:
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password[/confidential]
It would be good to get to the source of what's causing this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #131258 by twilliams81
Thanks. It is
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by twilliams81. Reason: edit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds