Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Filenames are been renamed when uploading jpg images in Firefox and Safari

More
14 years 1 month ago #131259 by sozzled
Sorry: "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #131328 by twilliams81
Sorry about that. Please try again. Thanks for all of your help by the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #131330 by sozzled
*** Off-topic ***

While looking at your website, twilliams81, I could not overlook the compressed lettering in the category header names. This is easily corrected by adding the following three lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file (../templates/rt_entropy_j16/css/joomla.css):
Code:
#Kunena h1, h2 { letter-spacing: 0; }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #131331 by sozzled
I conducted my test on the target website. There was not file renaming that occurred. As I wrote earlier, the appending of a date-timestamp as part of the filename only occurs when an image has been uploaded on a second or subsequent occasion. This fact was likewise demonstrated on the target website :

(1) Where three attachments were uploaded the first time (msg #4336) there is no file renaming;
(2) Where the same three files were uploaded a second time (msg #4337) all three files are renamed as you would expect. I made this very point earlier in this topic. It would not have mattered if the files had been .JPG, .GIF or .PNG.

I cannot disprove the possibility that files are renamed via conditions other than those as I know them to exist and as I have, myself, have tested them. I am unconvinced that there are random occurrences of file renaming. I am further unconvinced that the conditions are only confined to .JPG files and Firefox. I think my test was fairly conclusive on this last point.

I do not think that the cause of these problems relates to whether the files were uploaded via a certain brand of operating system, or a certain web-browser nor whether the files were created under Photoshop or any other specific image editing software.

The real problem, for me, is that I have not been able to prove that the problems, stated as a kind of random file renaming, actually exist.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: twilliams81

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #131790 by twilliams81
Thanks for the tip! I'll add this today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #131792 by twilliams81

sozzled wrote: I conducted my test on the target website. There was not file renaming that occurred. As I wrote earlier, the appending of a date-timestamp as part of the filename only occurs when an image has been uploaded on a second or subsequent occasion. This fact was likewise demonstrated on the target website :

(1) Where three attachments were uploaded the first time (msg #4336) there is no file renaming;
(2) Where the same three files were uploaded a second time (msg #4337) all <strong><em>three</em></strong> files are renamed as you would expect. I made this very point earlier in this topic. It would not have mattered if the files had been .JPG, .GIF or .PNG.

I cannot disprove the possibility that files are renamed via conditions other than those as I know them to exist and as I have, myself, have tested them. I am unconvinced that there are random occurrences of file renaming. I am further unconvinced that the conditions are only confined to .JPG files and <em>Firefox</em>. I think my test was fairly conclusive on this last point.

I do not think that the cause of these problems relates to whether the files were uploaded via a certain brand of operating system, or a certain web-browser nor whether the files were created under <em>Photoshop</em> or any other specific image editing software.

The <strong><em>real</em></strong> problem, for me, is that I have not been able to prove that the problems, stated as a kind of random file renaming, actually exist.


Thanks sozzled. After testing it further I have also concluded that it is working as designed. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by twilliams81.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds