Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #261 by sozzled
G'day, Scuff2, and welcome to Kunena.

I've merged your question with a long-running topic that deals with many similar questions. I think now would be a good time to summarise those questions.

People have asked about:

(1) Topics that anyone can start but restricted so that only the topic creator and the forum moderators/administrators can reply to. The following additional options have been asked for:
  • other people are able to view those topics; or
  • other people are unable to view those topics; or
  • other people are able to view those topics but only if allowed by the topic creator
This would probably be appropriate in a "help desk"/"job ticketing" scenario.

(2) Topics that only the forum moderators can start but allowing anyone the ability to reply to.

(3) Automatic access to specific categories based on
  • the number of messages posted by a user; and/or
  • fulfilling other conditions (e.g. payment of a membership fee)
(4) Restricted posting rights in certain categories:
  • allow certain classes of user the right to create topics; and
  • other classes of users can view and reply to topics but cannot create new topics; and
  • other classes of users only have the right to view the topics in these categories.
This is a variation of the scenario discussed in (1) above.

(5) Private, restricted categories based on forum rank.

(6) In addition to the rights of forum moderators to lock topics, the topic creator can lock their own topics.

(7) In addition to the rights of forum moderators to review all posts prior to allowing them to appear on the forum, the topic creator can review all posts for their own topics.

(8) Each user has a category assigned for them that only they can post into but others can view.

(9) Attachments are accessible only to the certain user classes; other user classes can view the topics but do not have access to the attachments. There have been several versions of this type of request.

(10) Private, restricted categories based on social grouping (e.g. Jomsocial or Community Builder groups).

(11) Restriction of some posting functions based on forum participation. For example, new users could not post URL links or attach images or files until they have passed a probationary period such as a qualifying number of messages or a elapsed time since joining.

(12) In addition to the backend features, users can create new categories in the frontend.

(13) In addition to the restrictions on guests, certain registered user types must also add CAPTCHA to their messages when posting. This can be further extended to CAPTCHA based on forum rank, number of messages posted or elapsed time since joining.

(14) Categories that can be viewed publicly only by visiting the website but not searchable by commercial search engines (e.g. Google).

(15) Restrict, in advance, the length of topics to a certain number of replies including the ability to restrict, in advance, the number of replies by individual users (e.g. each user can only reply once).

(16) Guests can view categories but not topics or messages inside topics

I believe this summarises most of the requests for information that have been asked by people over the past couple of years. As far as I know, most of these requirements have not been incorporated into K 1.6. Some of these things can be achieved with various ACL systems.

As far as I know, there has been no offer of financial assistance to the Kunena project to allow for some of these ideas to progress further into development. It should also be noted that there has not been any offer of help in the development of software that would accomplish those things. I mention these things only to summarise the current situation and the present difficulties under which the project team operates.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago #262 by Marija
Sozzeld, can You redirect me to a topic with solution to nomber 5:

Private, restricted categories based on forum rank.

Plugin, module, anytihing that could help. I'm searching for too long and nothing (had some difficulties with artof user).
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #263 by sozzled
Thank you for your question, Marija. As I wrote in my earlier message

sozzled wrote:

As far as I know, most of these requirements have not been incorporated into K 1.6.

In other words, there has not been a solution posted to deal with your specific question. As far as I know, there are no plans to implement a rank-based permissions system in K 2.0, either, at this time.

Forum ranks in Kunena have no real meaning in terms of what people can do or cannot do.

These are all good suggestions. I would also remind people who may be interested in finding solutions to any (or all) of the questions that have been asked in this topic:

As far as I know, there has been no offer of financial assistance to the Kunena project to allow for some of these ideas to progress further into development. It should also be noted that there has not been any offer of help in the development of software that would accomplish those things. I mention these things only to summarise the current situation and the present difficulties under which the project team operates.

I hope that explains the situation clearly.

In connection with your earlier question, about ACL-based permissions, you can use Artof User that has been mentioned several times in this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #264 by Marija
I had problem with Artof user, so I was hoping to find something else.

Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Marija.
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #265 by Groenteman
Hello all,

Is there a way to grant members access to different levels
in a kunena forum depening on the amount of posts? If it
ain't possible any other idea how?

J 1.5.23 with Kunena 1.6.4

Thanks in advance

Groenteman
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: correct minor spelling mistakes
More
12 years 9 months ago #266 by xillibit
Hello,

You can't do it in Kunena actually

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Groenteman
More
12 years 9 months ago #267 by Groenteman
Thanks for the reply xillibit.

Can I add it as a future request?

Groenteman
More
12 years 9 months ago #268 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: Groenteman
More
12 years 9 months ago #269 by tbarlow
Replied by tbarlow on topic Public Access Level:
Hello

I was wanting to do something and I hope I can get some help and I hope I can even do it what I am wanting to do is add more Public Access Levels like right now all I have is

Nobody
Everybody
All Registered
Registered
Author
Editor
Publisher

and I will like to add one called like member and give a user member access and the make a forums cat and give it Member and then only the ppl with member access can see that forum cat will beable to see it I addedd it to rank but it didn't seems to added it the the access lvl's so I can hid that forums cat to just members so how can I do this or can I? thanks

tbarlow
More
12 years 9 months ago #270 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Public Access Level:
I assume that you are in Joomla 1.5.. if I'm right just install ArtOf User:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients...ser-management/14383

And add a group from it.
Time to create page: 0.648 seconds