Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #241 by dawn2
Hello,

I do that at my website.
'Registered' Members get access to some basic forums and 'Members' get access to all the forums.

You can do that by setting the permissions in the category manager.

If you want your board to be restricted completely - try setting the boards (published state) to special.

If you set it up that way, you would probably have to assign users and whatnot though.

Oh and in Joomla (if that is what you are using for the main site) you can set each account to be approved by the admin by hand after it is validated.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by dawn2. Reason: One more thing...
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago #242 by justmebg
Replied by justmebg on topic Re: Private categories?

loanchik wrote: Is there a way to make categories private and add by request only? I have a category I want to make private so nobody can post or view it unless they are given special access? Can we do this?

You can accomplish this with Community Builder and GroupJive 2.0+ You have to be a paid subscriber to get access to GroupJive, but it has been WELL worth it for my community website. You have full control over who can create group, and the forums for each group can be made private. It works fantastically on my site.
More
12 years 10 months ago #243 by thetoast
Replied by thetoast on topic Re: Private categories?
you could also do this with artofuser
More
12 years 10 months ago #244 by Lelldorianx
Replied by Lelldorianx on topic Re: Private categories?

thetoast wrote: you could also do this with artofuser

I did this with an ACL component called JUGA, but I have a problem: JUGA can only restrict access, it can't hide the categories/topic names.

Is it possible to hide the categories and their subsequent topics entirely? Like phpBB does?
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #245 by sozzled
Please read Kunena 1.6.4 Read Me concerning third party ACL components requirements.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lelldorianx
More
12 years 9 months ago #246 by Lelldorianx
Is there support for JUGA on the horizon, maybe?
More
12 years 9 months ago #247 by sozzled

Lelldorianx wrote: Is there support for JUGA on the horizon, maybe?

I don't think so. As far as I know (and I may be wrong) there has been no interest shown by the authors of JUGA towards Kunena. I do not know, for that matter, if JUGA is intended to be updated for J! 1.6 either. This is something that you might like to ask the people who developed JUGA.
More
12 years 9 months ago #248 by johnbryant
Replied by johnbryant on topic sub-groups of users?
I am wanting to make it so that our forum has three different levels of access. I want everyone to be able to SEE the forum (but not be able to comment or create threads), I want a subgroup to be able to COMMENT on already created threads (but not be able to create them) and I want a final subgroup to be able to CREATE threads.

So far, I have looked through all the Kunena help forums and FAQ pages but I can't find what I am looking for.

Is it possible? Any help?

Thank you!
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #249 by sozzled
G'day, johnbryant, and welcome to Kunena.

As you can see, I have merged your question with this long topic, we have been asked this question many times before. Unfortunately there is a basic limitation in Kunena 1.x that means that your question cannot be easily solved at this precise moment. With the current architecture of K 1.6, it is not yet possible to achieve different kinds of access to forum categories based on different user rights.

That's the bad news. The good news is that action-based ACL-driven user rights for forum categories undeer development as part of the major Kunena 2.0 project. This project needs your support and, if this requirement is critical to your needs, we may be able to help one another. Members of the community can support the project in many ways: financially, software development, active participation in unit and system testing, documentation, sponsorship, etc.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnbryant
More
12 years 9 months ago #250 by eliteeservices
We have a Forex site using Kunena eesfx.com and we'd like to have a feature that we could enable access to particular forum categories based on certain users, NOT their designation - such as author, administrator, etc. This would allow us to create forums for particular clients who are paranoid about sharing the details of their strategy with other users.
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds