Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 3 months ago #311 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: ACL
See the response I gave in msg #314. I think that answers your question, too.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago #312 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic Re: ACL

sozzled wrote: See the response I gave in msg #314. I think that answers your question, too.

I don't see a 314, this is message 311.
More
12 years 3 months ago #313 by sozzled
I will not deny that, when this topic started nearly three years ago, Kunena was at one time very new and needed a lot of work to build it up to the point where it had the security features enjoyed by users of the "big" forum products (like phpBB, SMF2, vBulletin and the like) - forums that allowed certain classes of users to have posting rights, other classes of users to have create-new-topic rights, and so on, et cetera and so forth.

I will not deny that, when this topic started nearly three years ago, Kunena was a patchwork-quilt of PHP code (some of which had never been properly tested) some 150,000 lines or more and it needed to be thoroughly-overhauled. With only a small number of people, Kunena code has been radically transformed. Part of that transformation is the K 1.6/1.7 that you see today. Further work is needed to made the transformation more complete and to implement the kinds of features that this topic discusses. Some of the questions discussed in this topic have been resolved. Some features may not be implemented until, or unless, there's a genuine desire from those in the community who support those features and who are willing to financially sponsor the development of the necessary changes. And then there's this other category of features that are currently being developed for K 2.0.

Action-based ACLs are something that will only be possible to achieve in K 2.0 and I think that's something that everyone has to accept as a pre-requisite. That's why this topic exists. This topic exists as a signpost to advise people about plans of the Kunena project in this area. As you can tell, people have been asking questions about when these things will happen for nearly 3 years and, if you read the topic, I hope you understand what it's not easy to give an definite answers. For example, for a long time it was not even possible to predict how Kunena could implement action-based ACLs until an ACL framework existed in Joomla. However, the Joomla project, itself, had quite a few teething problems implementing a reliable ACL framework. Given that Joomla, itself, was for a while a not-altogether-rock-solid foundation, this has made it more difficult to bring about a speedy release of K 2.0.

These may sound like excuses, but they're not. These are the facts.

Last of all, whether my earler msg #314 was #311 (or not) I responded to a similar question about 5 hours ago and that's the post I was referring to.

In short - 320 messages into a topic that began nearly 3 years ago - many of the issues discussed in this topic will not be properly addressed for a little while (until K 2.0 or beyond) and we hope you will be patient for a little while longer. Some things are possible now. prophoto's question is "I don't think it's possible", no.
More
12 years 3 months ago #314 by softstor
Is it possible to configure a topic where only the admin can post new threads, while the users can only post replies to the threads?

Visit my Kunena Forum at www.ProsperityTeamOne.com
More
12 years 3 months ago #315 by sozzled
Please read the last dozen or so messages posted in this topic but, in particular, look at msg #265 . Your question has been asked before.

We are sorry to say that, at this time, the feature you have requested does not exist in K 1.7. Action-based ACLs will be improved in K 2.0 (currently under development) but I cannot say how well these areas will be improved or whether your particular issues will be resolved in K 2.0.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #316 by amaster130
i currently use cb profile pro on my site with 3 profile types.

profile A, B and C.

Is there a way to restrict say profile B so that this profile type cannot create topics but only reply to topics?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor change to subject
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #317 by sozzled
G'day, amaster130, and welcome to Kunena.

Please look at msg #265 . Your question has been asked before.

The facility you have enquired about does not exist in K 1.7. Action-based ACLs will be improved in K 2.0 (currently under development) but I cannot say how well these areas will be improved or whether your particular issues will be resolved in K 2.0.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 3 months ago #318 by cengznucel
I want to lock some kategories. Only i want to creat topic in it. But all my members can reply in it. How can i setup it?
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #319 by sozzled
Your question has been asked before <- follow the link
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #320 by modernmagic
Replied by modernmagic on topic moderator buttons?
Is there a way to have finer control of which users can see and use which moderator buttons?

It appears that Administrators see all the buttons and moderators see a few less.

I specifically ONLY want administrators to see "+New Topic".

Regardless, is there a way to pick and choose these buttons?

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by modernmagic.
Time to create page: 0.699 seconds