Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 4 months ago #301 by Kubik-Rubik
New Plugin for the component Kunena online: WCK - Write Control for Kunena

Joomla! version: 1.7
Kunena version: 1.7.1

With this plugin you can set write permissions individually for certain categories without affecting their visibility. Like this you can assign read rights to all visitors, but give only certain groups of users write access.

Setting the write access is necessary in some cases. For example if you have a group of subscribers and want to give them write access and you would like to show the entries for everybody.

Project page: joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/wck-write-control-for-kunena (Sorry, site not translated yet. English files are included in the plugin package!)

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #302 by Denitz
My registered users are in 2 Joomla usergroups:
1. Limited member
2. Full member

Please advice hoe can I setup forum permissions in the way that both usergroups can view forums, but only "Full members" can post?

I have explored wiki but seems Kunena can't separate these permissions essential for any forum?!
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Denitz.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #303 by sozzled
G'day, Denitz, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm sorry, but there is no separate view vs. post permissibility in K 1.7 (see msg #243 in this topic). This is an activity being looked at with the K 2.0 project.

You may, however, be interested in the work of Kubik-Rubik whose message appears before yours (msg #288).
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 3 months ago #304 by Aldens
Good day to all!

Faced with this problem:

Needs to be done so that would be in the main section, registered users do not have access to create topics and reply to existing ones could.
The main section contains important information categories, with appropriate themes, created by the administrator and users of the new topics they are not needed. To do this, you have other partitions.
In the remaining sections, users could create, respectively, and topics and reply to them freely.

In the setting of Kunena, you can, or block completely, or just close, but then also respond to existing topics, users can not.

Tell me please what to do? I may have missed something? With Kunenoy recently read and really do not want to install something else.

Sorry for my English, I use google translator! :)
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #305 by sozzled
G'day, Aidens, and thank you for your interesting question which has been asked many times before (see msg #265 ). You cannot do everything that you you want to do in Kunena at this time. You will be able to do what you want to do in Kunena in a future release. I am sorry but I cannot tell you when this future release will be available.

There is currently no way in Kunena for certain users to be able to create topics and, only after the topics have been created, that others can reply. As a general rule in Kunena, if you can reply to one topic then you can create other topics, too; if you can create topics then you can usually reply to any topic.
More
12 years 3 months ago #306 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic ACL
How do I restrict new posts to a certain user group but allow everyone read only access?
More
12 years 3 months ago #307 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: ACL
I don't understand the question: restrict (how?) but still allow read access ... :dry: ?
More
12 years 3 months ago #308 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic Re: ACL
Via user groups, built in Joomla 1.7 ACL.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #309 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: ACL
I still do not understand your question. Is your question like one of the ones asked before in this topic (see msg #265 )?
More
12 years 3 months ago #310 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic Re: ACL

sozzled wrote: I still do not understand your question. Is your question like one of the ones asked before in this topic (see msg #265 )?

User Group 1 are the only users that can start new topics in Kunena. All posts/categories are public for read access. Is this possible?
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds