Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged "Automatically" subscribe all members to be notified of any new messages

More
13 years 1 month ago #91 by tinetto
I think that they can click on the subscribe button at the top or at the bottom of every discussion

bye
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 1 month ago #92 by saariko

tinetto wrote: I think that they can click on the subscribe button at the top or at the bottom of every discussion

bye

Thank you for this idea, but what I want is that the messages will be sent to them even without registering.

So every new topic will be sent to the list, not as moderators, just as "Just posted alert"

thanks
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #93 by sozzled

saariko wrote: Thank you for this idea, but what I want is that the

I think most people would consider that to be spam!

See also Email subscription for non-registered users
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 2 days ago #94 by rplc
Hi guys,

I've got a similar problem...
I thought to auto-subscribe all users in all categories...
But the user should be able to choose if he wants to unsubscripe a category or not.
Just want to use for that the unsubsripe button in the categories.

Is there any way to realise this?

I'm using K 1.6.3 with J!1.6

Greetz rplc
More
13 years 1 day ago #95 by rrosko
Came here looking for a "Daily Digest" feature for Kunena and found this thread instead!

Sounds like the feature might be included in the 2.0 version but until such a time - it's all about workarounds.

Haven't tried this yet, but will be soon - In the Business version of AcyMailing you can create automated newsletters that can pull content from various Joomla elements, like modules or articles.

So in theory, by installing the Kunena Latest Discussions module, you should be able to pull that data into an AcyMailing automated Newsletter that runs nightly and there you have a workaround solution for a Daily Digest feature.

Granted it's not a free solution because the business version of AcyMailing is commercially available, but I'm sure other newsletter extensions would have similar features.
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #96 by waitz
Replied by waitz on topic Auto-subscribe to a category
Is it possible to auto-subscribe new users to a category in 1.6.4?

I searched around in the forum, and it looked like it was going to be part of 1.6, but I can't find the feature: www.kunena.org/forum/159-k-16-common-que...ult-subscribed#63549

Tips appreciated, also if it needs a bit of coding.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by waitz.
More
12 years 8 months ago #97 by N6REJ
Is it possible perhaps with CB to have the "subscribe" button preset be based on their profile?

So for example the config default would be preset to yes, but the user in their profile could change that preset to "no" and it would be honored

I've had many requests for this.
More
12 years 8 months ago #98 by sozzled
Subscriptions in K 1.6 are not based on profile. Subscriptions are based on topic and category.
More
12 years 8 months ago #99 by hdouglas
I have a client requirement to notify all forum users (not admins or moderators) of a new post to the forum. This is a shortterm measure while the community is building to encourage regular access of the forum.

I can't find an option to achieve this (and would be surprised if there was on), can anyone suggest a hack or better still a plugin to achieve this?
More
12 years 8 months ago #100 by Matias
It's kind of there. We have category subscriptions feature, where you can configure it to send emails to everyone who has been subscribed to the category. It also allows users to unsubscribe, if they want to.

Only thing what's missing is how to subscribe all users into that category when they register. And that part can be done by using a plugin. I can do that (into K1.6.6) as a small paid job -- email me [email protected].
Time to create page: 0.607 seconds