Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 5.2.3 released

More
3 years 1 month ago #1 by xillibit
What's different?

Upgrading...

Introduction:

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the final release of Kunena 5.2.3, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages.

You need Joomla 3.9 to run Kunena 5.2.3, the minimal requirement for Php has been increased to 7.0.4. Kunena 5.2.3 can runs too with Php 8.0.

For users of template Blue eagle5 v1.6.2, please wait the release of Blue eagle5 v1.6.3 before updating Kunena to 5.2.3.

Read more...

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
Hint for users which use an edited editor configuration file.
Add a suffix to the ckeditor_config.js before you upgrade (example customckeditor_config.js).
After the upgrade go to your Kunena template configuration (tab BBCode) and scroll down. Enter the suffix (in this case custom) to the field for this option, then the custom file remains in use.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
Please note : with the changes made in Kunena 5.2.3 the template Blue eagle5 in version 1.6.2 need to updated to have the same changes and to not have issues. For users which have Kunena 5.2.2 and Blue eagle5 in version 1.6.2 please wait the release of Blue eagle5 in version 1.6.3 before to update to Kunena 5.2.3

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #4 by Andrey Bulatov
 Plugin problem: Kunena Discuss 5.1.2: 
Code:
Call to undefined method KunenaUser::getName() plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php:1293

PHP 7.4.3, Joomla! 3.9.25
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Andrey Bulatov.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #5 by Ozfooty
Replied by Ozfooty on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
For users of template Blue eagle5 v1.6.2, please wait the release of Blue eagle5 v1.6.3 before updating Kunena to 5.2.3.

Hmmm, ok I didn't come here and read this before I just performed the update after logging into my Joomla and seeing the update. I only just updated to Kunena 5.2.2 yesterday without any problems. I now have debugging issues see attached. How do I fix this? Can I roll back to v 5.2.2?

Update: I just updated my template from 1.5.2 to 1.6.2 and everything is back to normal. Phew
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Ozfooty. Reason: Problem solved

More
3 years 1 month ago #6 by Slacker
Replied by Slacker on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
Just upgraded to Kunena 5.2.3. After that white page with Error.
Maximal error reporting gave this message:
Error: Call to undefined method KunenaUser::getName(): Call to undefined method KunenaUser::getName()
I inactivated the Kunnena latest posts module and then the frontpage was visible without Error message.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #7 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
Hello,

I have made the fix for plugin discuss and module kunena latest, we will release new version. You can apply the fix manually if you don't want to wait the release.

For kunena latest, in file kunenalatest/tmpl/default_row.php at line 77 replace that :
Code:
$this->topic->getLastPostAuthor()->getName()), '', '', KunenaTemplate::getInstance()->tooltips(), $this->category->id);?></li>

by :
Code:
KunenaFactory::getProfile()->getProfileName($this->topic->getLastPostAuthor())), '', '', KunenaTemplate::getInstance()->tooltips(), $this->category->id);?></li>

For kunena discuss, in file plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php at line 1142 replace that :
Code:
'name' => Factory::getApplication()->input->getString('name', $this->user->getName(), 'POST'),

by :
Code:
'name' => Factory::getApplication()->input->getString('name', KunenaFactory::getProfile()->getProfileName($this->user), 'POST'),

Line 1293 replace that :
Code:
$this->name = Factory::getApplication()->input->getString('name', $this->user->getName(), 'POST');

by:
Code:
$this->name    = Factory::getApplication()->input->getString('name', KunenaFactory::getProfile()->getProfileName($this->user)             , 'POST');

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 1 month ago #8 by infermieriattivi
Thank you
I await the release

More
3 years 1 month ago #9 by ernst67
Replied by ernst67 on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
What is the Changelog for 5.2.3? It seems not to be posted yet..... (in home/bugs/changelog on this site)

More
3 years 1 month ago #10 by Slacker
Replied by Slacker on topic Kunena 5.2.3 released
The bugfix for Kunena Latest Post worked perfectly. Many thanks!

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds