Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena & CB1.2 tabs / new field problem

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by philiplardner
I am running Joomla!1.5.9 under PHP5.1.6 with Kunena1.0.8 and Community Builder1.2.

When I try to add a new field in CB's Field Mamagement section I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class getfireboardtab in /home/ihpa/www/newsite/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_gjfireboard/fireboard.php on line 26

The guys on the CB forum suggest that this is a Kunena problem and not CB: www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com...id=77&id=90077#90077

"You need to fix your plugin or inform the developer of the issue. It's conflicting with something else. You've declared the same class more then once; can't do that."

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Thanks for describing your problem, and the diagnosis/discussions you've previously undertaken, in such thoughtful detail. :cheer:

I've encountered a similar problem, too, but it's easily rectified. And, BTW, it is a Community Builder matter which they should have taken on board, because the solution is handled by CB's Plugin Manager!

As you may have already seen from the last post in your CB forum discussion, you've probably got the old Fireboard forum (cb.simpleboardtab) plugin still enabled (published) as well as the newer Kunena forum (cb.kunenatab) plugin. Unpublish the cb.simpleboard tab and see if that fixes the problem :)

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by philiplardner
Hi Sozzled - thanks for the pointers and clarification that it is a CB issue. I unpublished all the fireboard and kunena related tabs & plugins, and tried again to add a new field in CB Field Manager - still no joy - same error!

I'm a bit stumped. If I can't figure this one out by tomorrow night, I'll uninstall Junena and remove all other fireboard bits and see if that fixes the problem - then re-install kunena.

Phil.

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by KatiaB
Replied by KatiaB on topic Same problems
Hi Phil,

Did you manage to solve this? I'm having the same issue and followed you all through the forums of Joomlapolis and Kunena in the hope you've found the answer.
Guess you didn't.

@Sozzled: when I unpublish cb.simpleboardtab all the other tabs and fields related to forum in CB become unabled. Kunena still works on the site, but nothing shows up in the profiles anymore. Any thought?

Somebody?

Katia

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:Same problems
Hi Katia,

Yes and no...! I *think* I traced the problem to the plug_groupjivetab (in CB Plugin Manager.) Here's what happened...

Iuninstalled Group Jive completely - deleted all references from all folders in my site and also all the tables in my database. This returned my site to some semblance of normality! I then re-installed GJ (but did not publish/activate any part of it) and made sure my site still worked. Then, one piece at a time, I published each of the plugins and modules, testing after each step. The error returned when I published the plug_groupjivetab.

Unpublishing the plugin did not seem to remove the problem, so I uninstalled everything again, gave it up as a bad job, and moved on to work on other parts of the site.

I downloaded some new updates to CB and installed them for another reason...

Returning to GroupJive a week or so later I started from scratch and downloaded a completely fresh copy of GJ and installed that. Lo and behold... it all worked! No errors! I don't know if there was an update to GJ or if the updates to CB I downloaded fixed the problem, but it is now working just fine! It still worries me that I didn't really track down the culprit, but I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie...

Sorry I can't be more help!

Phil.

For the record, I am using the following:
com_groupjive_v29a
gjplugin_integration_fireboard_v1.7e1
mod_gj_my_groups_v1.4a
plug_groupjivetab_v.1.6b
mod_cbcontent_1_2_RC
mod_cbpblatest_1_2_RC
I think those are all the relevant mods/plugs.

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by KatiaB
Replied by KatiaB on topic Re:Same problems
Thank you Phil for the quick reply!

Oh my, I'm gonna try what you did since the problem started after installing groupjive. Just have to figure out which, what and where to begin, :S .
Now I hope I can't mess up my database, I'm a total newbie to all this so if you have any warning at all before I delete tabels let me know please.

Keep your fingers crossed ;-)
Katia

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by philiplardner
OK, first things first - back up your database to your local hard drive using the phpMyAdmin Export button - exporting both the Data and the Structure. This allows you to recover if it all goes horribly wrong!!

Uninstall GroupJive using the usual Joomla/CB tools.

Then go to your database with phpMyAdmin and check that the GroupJive tables are gone. If there are any tables with jos_gj_... still there, click on each table in turn and use the DROP command/button. Don't get too carried away!

No guarantees... but it seemed to work for me!

Good luck,

Phil.

More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by KatiaB
Uninstalling GroupJive didn't solve the error, neither did uninstalling Kunena, but after deleting the plugin to integrate forums into groups (gjfireboardextended) the error is gone and I can insert new fields again.

Don't know what I'm gonna try next. Maybe I will go through each installation of the three again and hope it will work or maybe I'm gonna take a look at some other extentions that can add the tools that I need on my site.

Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Phil, thanks again for the help! The database thing was something that freaked me out at first :laugh: but now I have more confidence on that one also. And maybe we don't know (yet) what exactly caused the error, at least we know what doesn't ;)

Katia

More
15 years 1 month ago #9 by philiplardner
Partial success then! :P

Check which version of gjfireboardextended you are using. I have GJ up and running, and integrated fully with Kunena now and they seem happy enough. Going to: Components => Community Builder => Plugins => GJ Fireboard Extended I see that the version of my plugin is v1.3. I don't know which version I had before (when I had all the problems) but v1.3 seems to work... touch wood!

Phil.

More
15 years 1 month ago #10 by KatiaB
Yeaaaah, it's all working great now!!!! (doing a gratitude dance now:laugh: )

Thank you sooooo much for making my day Phil!

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds