Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question AUP integration not work

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #31 by tharot
Replied by tharot on topic Re: AUP integration not work
Thanks for your support, thetoast! Unfortunately, I tried all of these things, but without any success :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32 by tharot
Replied by tharot on topic Re: AUP integration not work
Ok, so I've found out something new regarding my issue:
=> In public categories all of my users get awarded for a new post.
=> In closed categories (only viewable for authors+) none of my users get awarded.

So maybe anyone has a hint how to solve this matter?!

Thanks-

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #33 by AFEK
Replied by AFEK on topic Re: AUP integration not work
This has been addressed by alphaplug here .

This change has been made in Kunena by my suggestion, because AUP show before all Kunena Topic subjects in Latest Activities and User profile activities in AUP... there can be also "Private" things/topic's which are not for all (public / registered users), like authors, publishers, administrators forum topic subjects. So at the moment AUP 1.5.x + Kunena 1.6.x give points from topic's which are public / registered users (access level).

This (Kunena) change was the quickest to put into practice and secure confidential topic subjects from AUP activities... I hope you understand my point in this case. When I suggest this, I was in contact with both parties (AUP/Bernard Gilly and Kunena Team).

So... it's working "as intended" but this leaves me (and I'm sure others like me) with a problem.

My response (copied from the alphaplug site).

I noticed that AUP activity was showing confidential topics so I simply prevented my users from looking at all activity.

My site is a private site, with every forum topic hidden from the public. My users submit ID to join, and then after joining, they can only see the introductions forum. After they have introduced themselves, the rest of the board is opened to them (I use noixacl to manage user levels).

Ever since AUP 'stopped working' on Kunena I have had a lot of complaints. The longer it goes on, the more complaints I get. There is no way I can make my board public, so I have had this catch-22 forced upon me.

Is there a simple fix or hack that would allow me to make AUP work with private forums? I don't really care about the activity stream.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If anybody can figure out how to make this work the way it used to work, I would be most appreciative.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by AFEK.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #34 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Re: AUP integration not work
I have talked with Matias(Kunena developer) after I answer there(AUP site) for you, and we have an idea how to protect confidential information and receive points for all in AUP... basically that can do very little changes...

I don't really care about the activity stream.

Well... we have care also it for more people...

Nothing is so simple in integrations than you think... (J! 1.5.xx K/ AUP 1.5.x for J! 1.5.xx... AUP 1.6.x for J! 1.6.x... + K 1.6.x)

Think that your "I" and "we" like global... not you or your team...

I noticed that AUP activity was showing confidential topics so I simply prevented my users from looking at all activity.

My site is a private site, with every forum topic hidden from the public. My users submit ID to join, and then after joining, they can only see the introductions forum. After they have introduced themselves, the rest of the board is opened to them (I use noixacl to manage user levels).

Ever since AUP 'stopped working' on Kunena I have had a lot of complaints. The longer it goes on, the more complaints I get. There is no way I can make my board public, so I have had this catch-22 forced upon me.

Is there a simple fix or hack that would allow me to make AUP work with private forums? I don't really care about the activity stream.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DEV's makes sense for the future of...?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Mortti.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #35 by Shimei
Replied by Shimei on topic Re: AUP integration not work

Mortti wrote:

darksoul wrote: I have latest AUP and i enabled rules and kunena configs.. But points are not visible in user info and no points are assigned.

Kunena Team has done in backend "Report Configuration Settings" option which help people here find your problem, you don't tell anything.

First of all you have to enable AUP rules for Kunena in AUP and assing points there. You also have to enable in Kunena settings "Enabled Points in profile" and "Enabled Rules for Points" on integration settings (set to "Yes")

Then Kunena configuration is setting what you have point to AUP if you want to show points in message view for users, you have to change "Profiles and User List" to AUP or in other case points not show there.

So... just my opinion, there is little bug and that is, there is not way to show points if want use Kunena "Profiles and User List".

I think K Team fix this now when I reported it in here...

Now you have to use AUP "Profiles and User List" if you want to show points in message view.

So what happened to being able to enable alphauserpoints in the kunena profile? I tried installing alphauserpoints today and was unable to display the points in Kunena's profile. And when using the alphauserpoint's profile there were no options to change avatars. And the admin is unable to even view their own profile, but receives a redirect to the index page.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Shimei.

More
12 years 11 months ago #36 by AFEK
Replied by AFEK on topic Re: AUP integration not work

Mortti wrote:

I don't really care about the activity stream.

Well... we have care also it for more people...

Nothing is so simple in integrations than you think... (J! 1.5.xx K/ AUP 1.5.x for J! 1.5.xx... AUP 1.6.x for J! 1.6.x... + K 1.6.x)

Think that your "I" and "we" like global... not you or your team...

I understand this, which is why I asked for a hack (not a permanent fix) from the communities. That was my way of communicating that any hack doesn't need to take the activity stream into account ;)

Kunena AND AUP both do awesome work, and this is only a problem for a small minority of users, so I'm happy to wait as long as necessary :)

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds