Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Restricted Forum User For Kunena 2.0

More
14 years 8 months ago #91 by Netto
Do somebody can say me where I get the control component? The links in this thread are dead meanwhile...

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #92 by rolandd
Control can now be downloaded from here .

I still haven't managed to get people assigned to multiple groups, anybody has a lead on this?

More
14 years 8 months ago #93 by Netto
@rolandd: thanks for the link.

Control runs perfect together with CB 1.2 and Kunena 1.5 - but only for a single group membership.

I have this case: two new groups A and B with the parent "Registered"
With the component control I assign a user to both groups

At the backend I can see now
- at "site" and "user" I see the user. At the list it is shown Usergroup A. If I edit the user I see he is in the usergroup "Registred".
- at the component, CommunityBuilder, Usermanagement I see the user twice, one in group B and one in group B. If I edit the user he is only member of "Registred". I quit editing without save. If I save the record: in the first case (group A) it save at "Registred", the list viewing change from "Group A" to "registred". If I edit and safe the second entry the list viewing show still "Group B".

It is all very strange for me...

At Kunena forum in frontend this user can only see the private forum A, not B.

The reason seems to be in the table the menu item "user" in "site" is show. Which table is it?

I have only a few members are member of more than one group. But I need to realise it. So long I use Control only in my testpage.

Is anybody here with an idea - or with a running page inclusive multiple memberships?

Jens.

More
14 years 8 months ago #94 by rolandd
Hey Jens,

I am in the exact same boat as you, hence my question before.

At Kunena forum in frontend this user can only see the private forum A, not B.

This I already found out why, Kunena (and I guess most components if not all) assume the user to be in 1 group only. So it processes the first group that is passed on. In your case forum A.

I am afraid there is no choice but to wait for J! 1.6 or start rewriting the areas where we need it ourselves :ohmy:

More
14 years 8 months ago #95 by Netto
It seems there is only a small hack at kunena core necessary: Kunena has to look in which group_id's the user is a member (table jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map ?) and use this information for access.

But certain the developer of kunena don't want to open this road works but they are waiting for Joomla! 1.6

More
14 years 8 months ago #96 by rolandd
I don't mind to run a hacked version but would need to know what to change :)

But certain the developer of kunena don't want to open this road works but they are waiting for Joomla! 1.6

Yes, that road is closed :P

More
14 years 8 months ago #97 by MacJoomla
Did not try yet, but what about creating a childgroup (private2 for example) of already created private group (private1 for example), which is child of registered?

Its not perfect, but you can assign some users to group private1 with access only to this group and some users to private2 with access to private1 and private2.Does this work for you or am i thinking the wrong way…?

More
14 years 7 months ago #98 by psy
Netto wrote:

It seems there is only a small hack at kunena core necessary: Kunena has to look in which group_id's the user is a member (table jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map ?) and use this information for access.

Hi Dude,

thats correct. I tried to get this running (see www.kunena.com/forum/110-user-contributions/23383 ) but it wont work yet. Unfortunately I did not have any time to get deeper into kunena so if anyone more experienced has an idea how to add the control mapping table into kunena, I would be happy to see any tip :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #99 by PAUSIMS
Hi,

I'm really interested in this hack. I don't know if it's compatible with Kunena 1.5.4, is it?

I tested it with Kunena 1.5.4 and it gets lots of errors (files or lines of code missing). Does anyone have plans to adapt it to Kunena 1.5.4?

By other hand, I'm not good in English and I don't understand what are you saying about the "control" extension. Is it necessary to run the user hack?

Thanks ;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #100 by MartinRuthenberg
You don't need this hack if you don't have the same users in different restricted groups. In other words if you don't have a user called Joe for example in group A and group B in the same forum installation you just need control component and it works.

Martin

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds